HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Wasp SST Hammer Broadheads 100 gr (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/7965-wasp-sst-hammer-broadheads-100-gr.html)

Trebark 04-27-2002 11:20 AM

Wasp SST Hammer Broadheads 100 gr

As I have just purchased these, this is just a preliminary review and not as detailed as those of 5Shot or Moonge. These broadheads are very well made, durable looking, and precise. All six gave a perfect spin test and flew true, with no flyers. Blades are pretty sharp, not as much as my Thunderheads, but very few are. The blades lock down securely into the ferral, much more so than Thunderheads. Shot off my MQ1, 62lbs, 29" draw length, on a 2413, these broadheads grouped so well at 25yds that I was constantly destroying fletching and nocks on the broadhead arrows and the field point arrows. I haven't done any penetration test, as I feel the broadheads ability to penetrate has more to do with the bow and arrow setup and tune, than the broadhead itself. With the razor-edged Trocar tip, lined up with the blades though, I don't foresee any problems penetrating.I am looking forward to using these this fall on whitetail, so maybe then I can give a successful field report. If anyone has any experience with these, good or bad, please feel free to add to anything I have found. I think anyone looking for a strong, very accurate fixed blade broadhead should give the Wasp a chance. You won't be disappointed!

Edited by - Trebark on 04/27/2002 12:23:07

5 shot 04-27-2002 06:58 PM

RE: Wasp SST Hammer Broadheads 100 gr

You picked a good one! I was impressed with the Wasp sst's that I tested. You won't have any problem with penetration, or their preformance.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS

q2shooter 05-03-2002 06:06 AM

I have been using them for a couple of years on deer and turkeys with no problems. The blades are also very easy to change.

okbwhtr 05-08-2002 07:41 PM

I use nothing else than wasp. I SHOOT 75GRN SST. I have shot several broadheads and have found that wasp group better than most. I have used in broadhead tournaments and seem to do good. Penatration will not be a problem I promise.

BGfisher 05-12-2002 08:38 PM

I've been shooting the 75gr for as long as they've been made and found the same results as the rest of your guys. The only real complaint I have is that I can't train myself to shoot at a different spot on the rubber deer and just keep destroying fletching, nocks, and arrows. They group better than my target points, at least out to 40 yards.

Two Beards 05-14-2002 08:43 PM

Quality broadhead...excellent penetration and arrow flight. Myself and two of my brothers took exceptional bucks last fall with the SST 100 gr. All three went down within 100 yards with good blood trails. I also took a big javilina this past winter using a WASP SST 100 gr. Definitely one of the better broadheads on the market and worth considering.

TB