Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Cabela's Revolution Fleece Dry-Plus Parka/Bibs-Review >

Cabela's Revolution Fleece Dry-Plus Parka/Bibs-Review

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Cabela's Revolution Fleece Dry-Plus Parka/Bibs-Review

Old 10-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Cabela's Revolution Fleece Dry-Plus Parka/Bibs-Review

I bought the Cabela's Revolution Fleece Dry-Plus Parka and Bibs after the season last year and finally had a chance to test them out over the weekend.
Quietness:
I could definitely hear a "swishing" sound when I moved. I have yet to wear any insulated clothing that was completely quiet, though. I'm not convinced the noise from these garments is enough to spook a deer (But, I didn't try to pull back on a deer).
Warmth:
Very warm, to say the least. I wore a long-sleeve shirt and uninsulated Supprescent jacket and pants underneath. The temp was 15 degrees Sat. morning(warming to about 35), I sat for 3.5 hrs and did not get chilled.
Dryness:
100% waterproof. Sunday morning brought freezing rain and snow showers. Once again, I sat for about 3.5 hrs and did not get chilled. The outer layer of the parka and bibs were wet, but I could not find anywhere that water seaped into any inner layers. My bow had a layer of ice on it but I was completely dry. Needless to say, I was very impressed with the Dry-Plus membrane.
Comfort:
I found the parka and bibs to be very comfortable to wear. They do not have the bulk and are lightweight compared to other insulated clothing. The material stayed soft and flexible in the morning cold. The hood is warm and fully adjustable also. The hood was noisy when I turned my head, but that was partially due to the facemask I was wearing. I will only be using the hood when it's raining or snowing, so I'm not too concerned about it.
Pockets:
There are enough pockets and they are big enough to hold all my unnecessary accessories. The things in my pockets stayed dry as well during the rain/snow storm.
Overall Impression:
I was very impressed with the parka and bibs. Warm, comfortable and dry. The one thing I didn't like was they are not completely quiet when moving (but they are not noisy by any means either). I would definitely buy this set again, well-worth the money.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:15 AM

Default RE: Cabela's Revolution Fleece Dry-Plus Parka/Bibs-Review

Great review! I was looking at those last year too, but figured I'd save the money for more bow accessories...
Old 10-21-2004, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cabela's Revolution Fleece Dry-Plus Parka/Bibs-Review

i also am a fan of these cloths. they wok very well. ditto all you said ranger