Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Trophy Ridge

Old 03-14-2004, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default Trophy Ridge

Just thought id give a few observations-opinions on the trophy ridge nitro extream 3 pin.
I recently purchased the sight when my pins broke on my old one. I wanted to give the vertical pins a try. I like this sight very much. I find the vertical design has lessend some of my error in shooting wide left and right. I also like the markings for the adjustment. For now i like the no tools cam lock adjustment for the individual pins. My concern with that is if they wear out and the pins begin to slip. I have not experianced this just a small concern. I also dont care for the tourque adjustment, just make it straitgh next time and ill put it on straigh, no need for more moving parts. I have this sight shooting very well and am pleased with the purchase. JMO
Old 03-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Trophy Ridge

I have a trophy ridge sight I love it, had it for two years, I have one problem now though, I would like to light the pins up, but do not have a place to put nitro to light it, any suggestes how to light the sight. I have the 5 pin and did not come with any lighting system and I do not want to buy another trophy ridge sight. There is a open space on the under side to drill a hole a maybe put in a light in there. Any suggestins would be great.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

BA--Trophy Ridge provides a light (PSE) and a plate, that bolts directly to the top hex bolt of your sight ring.
Here's a link to see what it looks like.
http://www.trophyridge.com/catalog/0...ccessories.htm

However, "I" have had problems with the PSE light and have since 're-threaded' the plate to fit the Copper John Afterburner light.
IMO--this combination is much better and works fine!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

You'll LOVE your Trophy Ridge gear. I couldn't be happier with mine!!!

Old 03-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks ampahunter and IL-Cornfed, this light plate will be perfect Thanks again.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:40 PM

I am thinking about getting a trophy ridge and was wondering how exactly does the nitro light work?
Old 03-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Nitro lights are little chemical sticks that glow when you bend/crush them. You know, like mini versions of the emergency light sticks or the ones the kids carry on Halloween? I would suggest using the Trophy Ridge blue LED light instead. This bright battery operated light as seen on top of my sight housing means all your pins truly GLOW for a perfect sight picture under ANY lighting condition. Well woth the $10 !!!
Old 03-16-2004, 05:44 PM

i get the glow sticks 2 for 50 cents out of a machine at my nearby super kmart .
cornfed ,where can you get the light for $10.00 ,they are going for 15.00 everywhere ???
Old 03-16-2004, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also love the Trophy Ridge sights. I have had mine for a little over a year. I don't think I will switch back unless I find something else that blows me a way.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:56 AM

try copper johns or toxonics then.

Quick Reply: Trophy Ridge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.