Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Hoyt Vipertec ........ in Review >

Hoyt Vipertec ........ in Review

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt Vipertec ........ in Review

Old 02-25-2004, 11:49 AM

Default RE: Hoyt Vipertec ........ in Review

Hey Pa Bowhunter do you happen to have any comments on the Supertec from Hoyt. I know the brace height differs and also axle to axle length is a bet longer. I currently have the vipertec on layaway at my local bowshop and still have the opportunity to switch before making the purchase. I am looking for more speed and realize the supertec is 30 fps faster than the vipertec but how do you feel about the 6 inch brace height on the supertec?
Old 02-26-2004, 06:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am not as enthusiastic about the Supertec as I am the Vipertec, Razortec and Xtec for two reasons.

One, is the previously mentioned brace height issue. In my opinion it is not only too short for consistant sleeve clearance but it also makes form errors a larger part of the accuracy equation.

Two, is the cam style on the Supertec. To me knowledge it is only available with the Spiral Cam and a Half system. This system is not as adjustable for draw length as the standard cam and a half and the valley is significantly shorter.

Just as well made as the others....but not as shootable in my opinion. If you want more speed than the Vipertec then the Razortec would be my next choice.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:05 AM

Thanks alot PABowhntr for all of your info. I think I am going to stick with the vipertec and give it a chance. My goal is to shoot around 270 to 275 fps at 70 pound draw weight and probably around a 30 inch draw. Do you have any suggestions on an arrow that may accomplish this equipped with a 100grain field tip. Or is this even accomplishable without putting to much stress on this bow.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:11 AM

Hey PABowhntr I reread your earlier post and realized you already answered my questions about speed thanks alot for all your input.