Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Hoyt Vipertec ........ in Review >

Hoyt Vipertec ........ in Review

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt Vipertec ........ in Review

Old 12-09-2003, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hoyt Vipertec ........ in Review

Frank ,
Just curious as to why you think the Vipertec is closer to the Mighty Mite?I think its almost as close as you can get with these 2.
Vipertec:
32" ATA
7.5" BH
3.75lbs
300fps IBO

Liberty:
33" ATA
7.5" BH
3.8lbs
300fps IBO (that was my Birth certificate)

I would think the X-Tec would be directly comparable to the 2004 Patriot Single cam?........both 35" and 7" brace heights.

The Mighty Mite I don't think will directly translate into any of the Hoyt's lie-up on paper........7 3/4" BH and 320 speed?
Old 12-09-2003, 10:58 PM

Excellent review on the new Vipertech. I drew several of the new Hoyts when I was at the shop last week and waiting for the salesman to set me up a Bowtech. I don't know why I didn't try one of the Hoyts. The draw was exceptionally smooth and I guess I just had my mind on the Bowtech. I too have speed on the brain and I wish that Hoyt would just make a little more radical cam. I think I will have to make another trip to the shop and shoot some of the Hoyts just to be fair though .
Great report!
Old 12-10-2003, 12:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Frank--as usual, great job! One of the reasons I bought my Razortec last year was your review of it. Good, fair and unbiased info provided in an intelligent and informative manner.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Matt,

I was looking at it more from the perspective of each companies' respective lineups. The Vipertec, at 32 inches, is Hoyt's "short bow" while most of the Bowtech lineup is 35 inches and under I think the Mighty Mite is their "short bow". In my opinion the Liberty and XTec are more similar despite the two inch difference in axle to axle length because they are both flagship bows this year for both companies and both are more "middle of the road" in terms of specs compared to each of the companies' respective lineups.

Bowtech has a ton of bows that could probably be compared to the Vipertec and Xtec since mose of them are in that same axle to axle length range though, ofcourse, with additional speed.

Is the '04 Patriot Single cam 35 inches from axle to axle? If so then I am going to cross it off my short list...too long.

Marmax,

You mirrored my feelings exactly. My suggestion last year with the Razortec was to offer it with the Spiral cam as well for those of us who prefer a little more oomph than what the standard Cam and a Half produces.

DaveH,

Thank you for the compliment. I do try to put forth an effort when putting one of these together. I am glad I had something to do with helping you in one of your bow purchases.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bump for the new forum....
Old 01-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

Pabowhuntr - If I could ask you somewhat of a hypothetical question........... If you were "pick" between a razortec or vipertec for hunting and occasional trips to the 3-d range, which would be your choice........with the difference is speed not being considered? I'm looking for an answer based on stability/forgivenss between the 2. The reason I am asking: I currently own an 03 Razortec, and although I really like the bow, I do consider it to be a little "unstable" when it comes to delivering arrows to the mark at 30-40 yard ranges. I really want to shoot the vipertec at my local shop, hoping that the longer riser on the vipertec will help stabilize the bow more on the longer shots, as opposed to the razortec with it's shorter riser design. Now please don't think that I carelessly fling arrows at deer at 40 yard ranges, but having the ability to shoot well at that range with a particular bow is important to me if an opportunity presents itself. Just looking for a more detailed comparison of the 2 bows and their shootability, when compared to each other. Great report by the way.!
Old 01-29-2004, 08:32 PM

Wow...too bad i missed this review earlier. I can feel my head expanding with all the knowledge you throw out there!
Old 01-30-2004, 11:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

If I could ask you somewhat of a hypothetical question........... If you were "pick" between a razortec or vipertec for hunting and occasional trips to the 3-d range, which would be your choice........with the difference is speed not being considered?
I know what you are asking and would have somewhat of a difficult time making that distinction. The Vipertec is a more stable design...period. However, it is a bit lighter in weight and length which also adds some instability. Probably the Vipertec if pressed on the subject though I would also mention the Xtec at 35 inches with a similar riser/limb design to the Vipertec may be more of what you are looking for.

Thank both of you gentleman for the compliments. I hope to do a review of some of the Bowtechs I have just gotten my hands on as well.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

I know what you're saying here also............I've shot the Xtec, and didn't mention it on purpose, just to see if you would bring it up. That thing just sits there, sits there while aiming, and sits there after the release. Definitly my frontrunner choice for this season. But the shorter Vipertec, with the longer riser just stirs my curiosity; and since I started hunting with a summit viper stand this past year(I'm used to a Bushmaster), I'm not quite sure if that 35" bow is gonna bump that front bar or not in the heat of the battle.....
Guess I just have to wait till my dealer buddy comes back from the Lancaster shoot to get one the Vipertecs rigged up..

Hey, thanks for the reply!
Old 02-20-2004, 01:26 PM

Great information on Hoyts Vipertec PA Bowhunter. I wish I would of seen this review before putting my Vipertec on Layaway. I currently own a Matthews Q2XL. And just wanted to buy a shorter bow for treestand hunting. I am switching to carbons this year and was looking for more speed. It seems that maybe I should of checked out a few other lineups of Hoyt.

Quick Reply: Hoyt Vipertec ........ in Review

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.