Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Concept Archery Bows

Old 12-01-2003, 09:20 AM

Default Concept Archery Bows

Hey everyone! Rcher here! Hope you all have had the oportunity to see and shoot the new line of bows from Concept. I' ll be on board this year as a staff shooter and I' ll be posting results as time goes by. Right now I' m shooting the C-99 at 69.5lbs/29" . Using a PSE carbon force arrow @ 353 gr. ,I' m getting a speed of 305 fps. This bow will not only be a excellent 3-D bow, but ater shooting a perfect score on a 20 yd. blue face target outdoors yesterday in a 15 mph steady wind, I guess it will also be my target bow for winter leagues too. As far as a hunting bow, this is the ultimate. It has a let off of 99% on the axle not the cam. It can be held almost indefinately, which makes hunting a whole lot easier. You can check out the web site at www.conceptarchery.com . Please be patient , this is a web site which still needs some refinement. More updates later! Thanks.

Old 12-01-2003, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Concept Archery Bows

Glad you like yours. You must be one heck of a shooter, since you can shoot 99% letoff accurately. I have nothing against someone else using it, if it is legal. I just personally have no interest in that kind of concept myself (or in drawing while an animal is far from a place where you can shoot, then holding for a very long time before you shoot. Such a " Concept" is just one step removed from using a Draw-Loc, as far as I' m concerned. Of course, that' s just my opinion, and others will think differently.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:17 PM

Here we go again! Don' t diss it untill you try it! If you would hunt the way you describe in your post I guess I would concur. But since I hunt like any other hunter who waits for the animal to get within fair shooting distance,I guess I don' t concur. Also this bow s' let off is on the axle not the cam. A whole new" concept" ! It is also very easy to shoot accurately if your shooting the way any good archer does, with a push/pull method. The cable has a draw stop that you pull against so it feels just like any other positive stop bow. If you want to shoot it and see for youself, let me know the next time you will be in Allentown and I' ll make a point to meet you at Izaak Walton or Unami Fish and Game to let you try it.[X(]

Old 12-01-2003, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the invite. Just not my cup of tea. You know what they say about opinions though. That' s just mine, and you probably have a good product that will sell well. Good luck with your project.

We recently had a discussion on this board about 99% letoff, and many of the opinions against it were much more outspoken than mine, actually. I guess that' s where I was coming from. I' m quite satisfied with my present bows, not looking at spending the $ for a new one of any brand right now.

Anyway, best of luck to you with your shooting, and with your company' s future.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the opportunity to shoot a demo Concept 99 just a few weeks ago. The draw weight was set @ 60#'s, but felt more like a 50# bow on draw, quite comforting. The launch of the arrow was amazing, fast and smooth. I was impressed, as I shot three arrows @ 17 yards and they were all touching each other. Not something I usually do just off the bat!
The sight window gives allot for movement, the grip (for me) could have been better, and the 'screw' used in the cam for the cable lock stop at full draw was 'not' appealing to the eye--looks like a repair you would do in the feild--I'm sure/hopeful there will be an improvement here.
I was concerned about the adjustment for the let-off with the split design module, and would have liked to know more of how that worked.
Nevertheless I really liked the speed, how smooth the bow was and also the weight of the bow---as well as the ATA.
Now I'm waiting to try the Bow Tech 'Liberty', could probably be either or...but then again I will still have to try the new Hoyt .
It's unfortunate here in Southern Ontario the Bow Tech & Hoyt dealers are 'few & far' apart. Same goes for Mathews. We are really lacking the 'stocked' professional Bow Pro Shops up here. It's always a extended 'WAIT" trying to get one of these bows.