Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Deep Six Fans

Old 09-01-2016, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default Deep Six Fans

How many guys shoot Easton's Deep Six series arrows and broadheads?

I switched from Gold Tip Pro Hunters to the Carbon Injexions and love them! Great groups and far more penetration (at least on a Block). The trouble I had was finding broadheads and quivers that were compatible with them. So I'm putting together a Deep Six product page to help other D6 fans out.

What broadheads do you shoot? What quiver do you use? Your experience?

Check out my product page below:

https://www.rivervalleyoutdoors.net/...tions/deep-six
Old 11-08-2016, 05:06 AM
Fork Horn

deep six may have some good things going for it (slim shaft that offers less wind resistance and arguably better penetration) but i found it annoying to have to find special field points and broadheads.
i keep open minded when it comes to archery technology but as far as arrows go i just find my bow shoots easton axis well and i can easily replace what i had being they're not a niche arrow.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:57 AM
Spike

I use the FMJ Injections. Love these, paired up with Ramcats, they work really well with my bow setup.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default My hunting job is not to compete with everyone else

I find what works and use it. As I found with the first deer I harvested with a bow, most hunters didn't hunt with the bow I used, didn't use the arrow I used, and didn't use the broadhead I used.
That's my job. Not to use what everyone else uses.
The first time I stood in a big box store, I realized that there were things in that store I would never use. That's all right. I was only interested in my hunting. And not go broke in the process.

Which reminds me. I have some Easton XX75 arrows that still work. They still get deer. And I love hey're all paid for. That's what I love.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last time I bought arrows, I shopped shaft straightness tolerances. Gold Tips had the smallest tolerence at the time. Might have been a target variety. Been a while though.