Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Wasp Drone 125gr

Old 08-05-2016, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default Wasp Drone 125gr

For just about as long as I've been been bow hunting I've shot the Rocky Mountain Ironhead 125gr broadhead described as a concrete nail with razor blades. That description is very accurate and it has been impossible for me to replace. The Ironhead was a perfect combination of toughness, great flight, second to none blades(thick, sharp and tough) and a large cutting diameter. I used the Ironhead to kill everything from squirrels to Bison with zero failures.

In the past 10 years, I've tried just about every brand of 125gr broadhead and although they have had good points, none have been the complete package. This past weekend I ordered some Wasp Drone 125gr heads with high expectations. Wasp has always been a great company to do business with and are made in the USA. The heads arrived today and it was time to give them a go.

$29.99 per pack which comes with two sets of replacement blades(they can be had ever cheaper by watching for promotions on the Wasp Facebook page)

From left to right Rocky Mountain Ironhead, Montec, Wasp Drone, DirtNap DRT, G5 Stryker

The top three

Great looking head

I'm shooting them out of my 2014 Bowtech Carbon Overdrive, 70lb, 29" draw. Arrows are 28" Maxima Red 350 at 425gr moving 305fps

I'm still setting my pins but at 30 yards they group perfectly with field points.

I have high hopes for this head, bear season is open so hopefully I can find the bear on my camera when I go out tomorrow to check my spot. I'll report back on any field success this fall.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:08 PM
Spike

Default Great Heads

Originally Posted by ACLakey
For just about as long as I've been been bow hunting I've shot the Rocky Mountain Ironhead 125gr broadhead described as a concrete nail with razor blades. That description is very accurate and it has been impossible for me to replace. The Ironhead was a perfect combination of toughness, great flight, second to none blades(thick, sharp and tough) and a large cutting diameter. I used the Ironhead to kill everything from squirrels to Bison with zero failures.

In the past 10 years, I've tried just about every brand of 125gr broadhead and although they have had good points, none have been the complete package. This past weekend I ordered some Wasp Drone 125gr heads with high expectations. Wasp has always been a great company to do business with and are made in the USA. The heads arrived today and it was time to give them a go.

$29.99 per pack which comes with two sets of replacement blades(they can be had ever cheaper by watching for promotions on the Wasp Facebook page)

From left to right Rocky Mountain Ironhead, Montec, Wasp Drone, DirtNap DRT, G5 Stryker

The top three

Great looking head

I'm shooting them out of my 2014 Bowtech Carbon Overdrive, 70lb, 29" draw. Arrows are 28" Maxima Red 350 at 425gr moving 305fps

I'm still setting my pins but at 30 yards they group perfectly with field points.

I have high hopes for this head, bear season is open so hopefully I can find the bear on my camera when I go out tomorrow to check my spot. I'll report back on any field success this fall.
I too have been using the Iron head 125's for some years and there awesome heads. I have used others over the years but like you this past year tried the Wasp Drone 125 heads and I must say I'm throughly impressed with them. They are sturdy,quiet,razor sharp out of the gate and fly like darts out of my Obsession Addiction out to the 60 yards I tested them to so far. I will be using these heads in the upcoming seasons and have no doubt they will perform well and will be my new go to head for years to come. Thanks for your input and I look forward to your updates.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:59 AM
Spike

A good broadhead for bow