Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Toxic vs. fixed 3 blade vs. retractable blade test on Boar's Hide >

Toxic vs. fixed 3 blade vs. retractable blade test on Boar's Hide

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Toxic vs. fixed 3 blade vs. retractable blade test on Boar's Hide

Old 02-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Spike

Default Toxic vs. fixed 3 blade vs. retractable blade test on Boar's Hide

Hey guys,
I wanted to test the new toxic broadheads compared to some of the traditional ones. To do this we took the hide from a wild boar and shot it where the hard plate is with all 3 broadheads. I thought the toxic did very well followed by the fixed blade. I didn't like how the retractable blade did but maybe if it was a 3 or 4 blade it would have done better. Here is the video so yall can decide for yourselves. Any other suggestions for broadheads to test or ways to test them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeY0at9hMFA
Old 07-02-2015, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty interesting. From my use of them I've came to the conclusion they drop whitetail as fast or faster than any head I've ever tried, with the possible exception of the defunct Anderson 245 mag.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes. The GrimReapper RazorTip, NOT the razor cut. The RazorTip has the TroCar tip like a Muzzy. A bone crushing monster!! I have used the RazorCut and am not impressed with it. I feel the tip follows bones too easy and always seems to come out at a rather odd place than one would think.

Last edited by SecondChance; 07-25-2015 at 03:23 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

To me the regular fixed head won that contest hands down.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just looking at that video I didn't think it really showed much to draw a conclusion one way or the other. Penetration through that hog looked similar and it also didn't look like there was much difference in the water released when he shot the jug. From what I could see on the video alone I would have called it a toss up and stay with the fixed blade if I had the choice, as I go with the old saying that if it ain't broke why fix it!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-28-2015 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Spelling