Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

PSE Dream Season DNA

Old 10-31-2014, 06:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default PSE Dream Season DNA

Just a quick heads up for all you PSE owners out there. CHECK THE SCREWS/BOLTS ON YOUR BOW REGULARLY.I was in the tree stand last night and after watching a nice buck go by out of range I happened to look down and my bow and noticed that the bottom bolt that goes through the top limb bracket and riser was missing and the thin plastic or teflon washer was about to fall out from between the bracket and riser.
Not knowing for sure what would happen if shot in this condition I eased out of the area and made a quick trip to the local hardware store. Fortunately they had a replacement bolt which is a 10-24 x 3/4" button head screw. I installed it right there at the store with the loan of an allen wrench and took the bow back home. I went over all the bolts and found that the same bolt on the lower bracket was also loose. I removed each one and placed a drop of lock-tite on them. I put my bag target out in the yard and verified that all was OK. I called PSE to get a replacement (the one from the hardware store is stainless) and they told me that it was a dealer only item and I had to go to a dealer to get one??? WTH?
You think that paying $950 for a bow they could send me a 10 cent bolt.