Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Drop away rest

Old 04-21-2014, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Drop away rest

I have used Whisker Biscuit rests for a long time and want to try a drop away rest on my new bow. Other than having a lock down feature, what else should I consider?
Old 04-22-2014, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

QAD HD or HDX?
Old 04-22-2014, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
QAD HD or HDX?
All you need. I went with the HDX because it stays up on slow let down, and has the anti bounce feature, but people have good things to say about Limbdrivers and Nap. All personal preference.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:40 PM
Spike

http://m.academy.com/shop/Product_10...ue?N=297525467

I had a 360 quick tune rest and a piece broke. So I went out and bought the cheapest one I could find ASAP. This tru glo rest has served me well and it's probably the best I've ever owned. I it does it's job. Simple as that. The only complaint I've had about it is that the latch that holds onto the bow string broke. But I put my bow in a press to loosen the string and just tied it to that. My bow can shoot the same arrow with this rest if I do my part.

Ps I've heard good things about the ripcord.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

I like using Trophy Ridge and the new Evolution 2 looks pretty decent for a containment drop away.. Mine is an older one the Drop Shot which has worked great from except no containment..
Old 04-27-2014, 07:39 AM
Spike

Ripcord or QAD HDX are both very popular drop aways. I'm a big fan of the trophy taker rests as well.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the shop install a QAD HDX. It seemed to be top of the line rest. It is shooting time!
Old 04-29-2014, 05:15 PM
Spike

good choice. QAD HDX is the best in the biz.. I have had an HDX on my Creed, Chill, ZXT, and my Bowtech Experience.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Spike

I use QAD contained drop away with mole skin on the containment bar and the arrow contact point "V". It has served me well for accuracy, containment, and durability. I have owned 2 QAD rest and the first one malfunctioned during a archery league weekly shoot. I put around 500 arrows through that first QAD rest for two years every week, adding up to about 16,000 shots before it broke. I, without a second thought, went and bought my current QAD that is tool less micro adjustment. I cant say enough good things about QAD. Great product!
Whitetail Strategies Guide Service
Fred Scott Owner/Head Guide
Old 07-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

QAD HDX Ultra....can't go wrong!