Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Onza 3 review

Old 04-16-2014, 11:23 AM
Spike

Default Onza 3 review

Recently I had the chance to buy a new bow. I shot everything I could get my hands on, talked the ear off of most of the pros I encountered, and read every blog/website/review/forum thread available.

Here are my thoughts on the Onza 3(I didn't get to take it out in the woods, however I did spend a lot of time shooting as it was one of my favorite bows)

The Good

A Built-in Vibration suppression system comes standard
The bow is dead in hand after the Shot
This bow is really fast for only $534 on Amazon

The Bad

There is a little post shot string noise
The draw cycle starts a little stiff

The Bottom Line

This is a compound bow with some really great numbers, and an even better price. With an IBO speed rating of 340, it is only a little bit slower than a flagship bow like the Motive 6 & costs about $349 less. This bow has it all: a smooth draw cycle, a solid back wall, and is dead in your hand after the shot. I wrote a longer review on my website & you can check it out here.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had an Onza 3 but wanted something a little faster. I got a PSE DNA and several issues with tuning problems until I got it all worked out recently. For the 15 - 20 fps I gained in speed I wish I had my Onza back.