Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Mathews Switchback XT

Old 05-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Mathews Switchback XT

Guys, i just came across a Mathews Switchback XT loaded with a drop away, fixed pin sights, mathews quiver etc. It is set at a 29" draw and I am a 27" draw. I own a Hoyt Katera and love it, but i was looking to get a backup. I got the guy down to $300.00 cash out the door, what do you think? I know the cams are draw specific so im guessing maybe another $100.00 for new cam . Just looking for feedback. Thanks Joe
Old 05-11-2011, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

$300 for a loaded XT is a steal... i would buy it... i'll actually take it if you don't!
you can find cams alot of times on Ebay, etc...
The XT was my favorite bow I ever owned until I switched last year to the Z7.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:23 AM
Spike

i shoot the XT, and absolutely love it. It is one of Mathews smoothest bows ever. of course it is not the fastest, but i plan on shooting mine for a long time...at least until there is a bow out there that i cant live without. i would go for it. i think you could probably get the cam for about $60, but i havent priced them.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

There's faster bows out there but hell any bow that shoots a "hunting ready arrow/head" 280fps will use the same pin from 10-30yds and I simply won't shoot any further than 30 (35 MAX under absolute perfect, ideal conditions) anyway so I couldn't ask for anymore than that. The XTs biggest allure to me was the utter silence and astounding smooooooothness of the bow. The Hoyt I hunted with before that was nearly 10 yrs old and while equally as fast, it wasn't nearly as light, smooth or quiet as the Matthews. Never say never, but I doubt I'll replace the Matthews anytime soon, it works flawlessly for me.

$300 is a steal, better hurry up b4 someone else finds that seller,
HL
Old 08-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

i shoot the xt in left hand and see no reason to get rid of it, i am 29 1/2 " draw and 60 lbs and it shoots gold tip xt hunters topped with 100 grain muzzy's at 275 fps which certainly doesnt break any speed records but the bow has built up a heck of a body count since i bought it.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Spike

One of the smoothest Mathews have put on the market. Still have my 2006 model nad almost sold it a few times; but for some reason held onto it. Recently purchased the new Helim and like it as well as the XT. With the Helim I can get an additional 15-20 fps more. Great buy on your XT, you should be able to find a cam aroung 50.00 bucks.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

Im shootin a switchback XT and love it.If you can buy it for that run with it..thats a steal !!!!!!! the bare bow is worth way more than that...
Old 03-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

If its on archery talk you had better grab that thing!
Old 04-25-2012, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

I bought my XT back in 2005 and have enjoyed it. I have said that I would shoot it as long as I cannot find another bow that impresses me more. I almost broke down and got a Z7 last year but with the cost of the new bow and changing out strings on my XT , I could not justify to myself to get the Z7. Still enjoy the XT, maybe I will beak down in the next couple of years and get a new one, then keep the XT as a backup.