Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
nap nitron 100 grain broadhead? >

nap nitron 100 grain broadhead?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

nap nitron 100 grain broadhead?

Old 12-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default nap nitron 100 grain broadhead?

I just purchased these broadheads at Wal-Mart for $15. Has anybody had any experiences with these, they look small but on the net they got some good reviews. Thanks Scott
Old 12-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Typical Buck

I love the Nitrons. They fly like darts, they're made from steel, you can replace the blades if you have to, and they're sharp as HECK. I've killed two deer this year with them. The doe was quartered away, I double lunged her and blew through her offside shoulder- the broadhead still looked new.

They're basically NAP's version of Slick Tricks.

They look small, but they're only like 1/16" of an inch less than most broadheads- they just look smaller because they're short.

http://www.bowhunting.com/blog/post/...g-Results.aspx
Old 12-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used them a couple of years ago and killed some deer with them. They fly pretty true. My main issue with them was the wound size and blood trails. I switched to the NAP Nightmares last year but haven't shot a deer with those yet.

Last edited by GRIZZLYMAN; 12-06-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

I have used them before didn't care fore the tip on them, penetration lacking on these heads in my opinion. The head I use
know are the same size as the nitrons but has twice the penetration of the nitrons.