Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bad Boy Buggy

Old 09-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by NEBRbruiser
All them electric buggy things are good for is advertisement.
I don't have an electric buggy, but someday hope to have one.

I know the deer are used to hearing atvs running around, and they don't bother them so much, but what i'm more concerned with is smelling like gas or exhaust fumes while sitting in my stand. That alone justifies the use of an electric "buggy" to me.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Spike

If anyone here is interested look into the Bad Boy Mowers UTV. I am a dealer for them and are by far superior to the bb buggy guys. The bb buggie just looks like a glorified golf cart to me. The new 2013 models are crazy sick. One off chassis designed around the needs of 4 wheel drive. elec, gas, and diesel. Have seen one of these pull a 10 farm disc through the ground now problems. Heaviest tow rating and payload on the market. Beats Polaris spec for spec.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

My Kawi Mule worked great for a few years , and then it got sour. Also front suspension was crap. Better off buying a little nissan truck and chopping it up!
Old 05-24-2016, 11:28 AM
Spike

I have an Ambush 2013 and need a new primary drive clutch and am having a hard time finding one. The one on it is a Team Rapid Response Model # 626611; does anyone know if there is a different one that would work? The gas motor is a Briggs and Stratton 16hp if it makes a difference. Thank you for any help I can find.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:50 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by [email protected]
I have an Ambush 2013 and need a new primary drive clutch and am having a hard time finding one. The one on it is a Team Rapid Response Model # 626611; does anyone know if there is a different one that would work? The gas motor is a Briggs and Stratton 16hp if it makes a difference. Thank you for any help I can find.
Interested in this also. Does anyone know?
Old 05-30-2016, 12:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know a thing about Bad Boy Brand. However, I would never spend 11 grand on a battery operated vehicle, those batteries are a whole lot of weight you don't need. I believe batteries are to start internal combustion engines in vehicles, not run them. How much does it cost to get rid of a battery after it is no good anymore? I know it is very expensive to dispose of a battery from a hybrid car. Deer hear noises from humans all the time and they smell smoke and exhaust all the time and no sensible person goes ripping and tearing into their stand before daylight making all kinds of noise. The OP says he only uses his machine in the hunting season, that may be his problem. Equipment like atvs utvs even your trucks and cars tend to run better when they are being used and not sitting idle for long periods of time. Seals dry out, batteries die and a myriad of other ills happen to machines sitting idle, even the tires will dry rot. At the very least they should be hooked up to a smart trickle charger all the time when they are not being used, batteries that continually discharge from sitting idle and then being recharged die for good faster than maintained charged batteries. I have been thinking about buying a 4x4 atv, internal combustion, just to get my deer out of the woods. However, I haven't been able to justify the expenditure for a few days use every year, even a used one.