Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Magnus Buzz Cut Broadheads -- Anyone tried them? >

Magnus Buzz Cut Broadheads -- Anyone tried them?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Magnus Buzz Cut Broadheads -- Anyone tried them?

Old 10-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Magnus Buzz Cut Broadheads -- Anyone tried them?

The doctor who sewed up my leg after a turkey hunt last spring was raving about these broadheads. He said the serrated edges really cut through thick meat and the wide cutting diameter made them great for turkeys too. Has anyone tried them? I am thinking of switching from my Montec G5 carbon steels.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using the glue on Magnus heads for years.I'm using the Stingers this year with the compound.You cant go wrong with any of their broadheads.Good luck!
Old 10-07-2010, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have not personally, but have never heard a bad review on them yet...
Old 10-07-2010, 06:22 AM
Spike

I have been using them for several years now. I have shot deer, turkeys, and hogs with them. Very durable and work great. I love the warranty on Magnus products as well.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

ditto on cowboy's post
Old 10-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Spike

if you have a 300+ bow I wouldn't go with them... they'll plane on you about 25 yards out. missed a 6 point tonight do to that and changing heads for tomorrow.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

I just recently switched to stingers. Out of my bow there is no difference in flight between the stingers and fieldtips. Very tough too, i haven't shot a deer with them yet though.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

The doctor who sewed up my leg after a turkey hunt last spring was raving about these broadheads. He said the serrated edges really cut through thick meat and the wide cutting diameter made them great for turkeys too.
I can't believe a doctor is recommending a serrated edge over a smooth edge in a broadhead. The fact is that a cut from a sharp smooth edge promotes massive bleeding while a cut with a serrated edge promotes faster clotting.

AS far as stingers go they are an excellent broadhead with great flight characteristics and are extremely sharp with a lifetime warranty.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

"if you have a 300+ bow I wouldn't go with them... they'll plane on you about 25 yards out. missed a 6 point tonight do to that and changing heads for tomorrow."

bowhuntre, I am using a diamond razor set at 28" and a 50 lb draw length so I don't think I will be shooting over 300 fps. BTW, why did you take a shot at a 6 pointer? Let that little guy grow up some!

"I can't believe a doctor is recommending a serrated edge over a smooth edge in a broadhead. The fact is that a cut from a sharp smooth edge promotes massive bleeding while a cut with a serrated edge promotes faster clotting."

Bigbulls, while it's true that more torn tissue will signal for more coagulation factors to be released it's also true that a large and jagged wound will have more trouble closing. Also, the doctor I'm referencing used to be a county coroner before he left to work at the student health center on campus, so I'm guessing he has seen his fair share of gnarly wounds.

But from what everyone has said, I could go either way on the stingers vs the buzz cuts. The price is right and it's great that magnus stands by their product so strongly.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Spike

puts food on the table.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.