Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
best broadhead for a rookie >

best broadhead for a rookie

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

best broadhead for a rookie

Old 02-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Spike

Default best broadhead for a rookie

im a rookie to bowhunting and want the best broad head for me. i read the mechanical fly better but often fail, fixed do more damage but are sometimes very hard to get sighted in. i found 4 that i really like, Rage slipcam, Grim Reaper mechanical, G5 Motec and Magnus Stiger buzzcut. which of those would be best for me or if there is another that would be better let me know. price doesnt matter they all run around 40 bucks a pack. thanks for the advice.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Spike

in my opinion it is personal preference and different setups and archers get different results all I can say is try one and hopefully it works for you I personally like fixed blades because I have had lots of problems with blades breaking on mechanical. GOOD LUCK
Old 02-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

This was my first year bowhunting and I used the Montec Carbon Steel broadheads. They flew pretty accurately for me and are very sharp. I have also hear the Slick Tricks are really good, and I might try those next year.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

I have used the Montecs and they work great. They can be a little finicky sometimes, but as long as your bow is tuned fairly well they should shoot and group fine. The last two years I have been using the Rage 3-blade and so far as long as I make a good shot they have worked great.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Slick Trick Magnums. They fly great, they do alot of damage, and their only $25 a pack.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

It all depends, how much lbs are you pulling? What game are you after? Most heads will work for you. I like a fixed blade, but have shot mechanicals in the past.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Spike

26 draw, 65Lbs out of a Martin MOAB PRO SERIES
Old 02-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Yea, there is no broadhead for a Rookie

Like you said, they are all expensive.

Good luck. I'm still using broadheads I used since the mid-nineties. Less decisions and guesses to make on my part. They don't make it any easier for old timers either.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

The b-head that I find myself suggesting to many folks looking for ultmate accuracy, field point flight, incredible penetration and scray blade sharpness..... checkout Slick Tricks.

You'll find that these super tough, solid steel heads are also very affordable.

Good luck and good shootin'
Old 02-28-2010, 05:45 AM
Spike

slicky magnums here as well ,muzzy mx-3's were all over the place for me ,any broadhead that hits where u are aiming will do and that you can get at a good price ,got 5 paks of those slickies for 18 each so look around ,don't get caught up in all the hype on which one is the best or does the most damage ,you can put a deer down with a field point if you hit it right, no need for expensive stuff .
hope this helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.