HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Best Compound Bow For The Money (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/320140-best-compound-bow-money.html)

kevroyhunt 03-22-2010 05:53 AM

Best Compound Bow For The Money

I'm just starting to hunt this year and i have a rifle but i'd like to do some bowhunting, in your opinions, what are te best bows for the money? im looking in the 3-450 dollar range. thanks

cartman308 03-22-2010 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by kevroyhunt (Post 3599640)
I'm just starting to hunt this year and i have a rifle but i'd like to do some bowhunting, in your opinions, what are te best bows for the money? im looking in the 3-450 dollar range. thanks

Martin and Mission have bows in that range and both make an outstanding product. I believe a couple Bear Archery bows are in that range as well.

you may also be able to find a couple top shelf models from last year in that price range. I know a shop I go to occasionally had 09 Bowtech Generals for $450. They are all gone now though..... Visit some shops and see what they have to offer ya ;) finding a bow that fits you in that price range will be what you need to do.

CelticSavage 03-26-2010 01:44 PM

Also look at the Hoyt Turbohawk. They go for about 500. But you get a lot for your money. It is basically there top of the line bow with a poured magnesium riser instead of a machined aluminum riser. And Hoyt has always been reliable in my opinion.

8mm/06 04-06-2010 02:20 PM

I bought a Martin Threshold for $210.00 from Sportsman's Guide.
Came with a decent rest, a decent sight, 2 carbon arrows, and a cheesy plastic arm-guard. 75% let-off, adjustable draw length and adjustable poundage from 60-70#. With delivery it was around $225.00. I thought it was an outstanding deal. I know there are lighter bows, quieter bows, etc, but this was a good deal.
The real asking price is $229.00 but it was priced at 209.97 to members, which I am.

I've since replaced the rest with a wisker-bisquit and bought a dozen arrows. Bought a nice release and have also purchased a new sight but have not installed it yet. I have been sighting it in with the original sight just to get used to it. I'll swap out the sight soon.

I'd check it out. It's still being offered but as back-order only. If you're interested I'd hurry.

greenboy 04-13-2010 06:02 PM

I just got a Bear Strike 40-50 low poundage 27" draw trophy ridge stuff , sites ect. love this bow, left hand i have it set at 48# cost 500 $ a quit shooting bow. i am shooting 1 pin a nite takeing my time. may 1 turkey season i will be ready

wvnimrod 04-15-2010 06:08 AM

There are many many great bows out there now days,And IMO the best one for your money is which everone you find that feels best to you!
Buying what someone tells you is best and having to deal with something uncomfortable-frustrating!

Buying what feels best for YOU-priceless!!!!!!

DocBars 04-17-2010 07:48 AM

Try a parker.

cjgjr 04-17-2010 04:13 PM

For that price range,U have a couple options,A martin-cheetah and martin bengal are very similiar to shooting a high priced bow like the mathews switchback.
U also have the parker bows,
and mission archery.Im sure there are alot others if you do a bow search.
But its all gonna come down to your personal prefference,if u like it or not.What some like is not always what other feel comfortable shooting cause of grip size etc,etc,U will know which bow u like the moment u shoot it!So go to a shop that sells the bows ur interested in,and tell them u want to shoot it.
Good luck and have fun..

454casull 04-20-2010 10:52 AM

Quest

All good choices so far. Look at the Quest lineup. Hammer and the Smoke are right there in your price range, the Smoke is 399.99 retail. Great bows good quality and they are quick. The G-Fade finish is really nice too. Quest is the bow arm of G5.

vaughn 04-21-2010 01:36 PM

What I would do is probably buy a good used bow. There are quite a few good used bows out there that are completely outfitted with good equipment in the price range you are looking to spend. Most of these bows were probably $600-$800 bows when they were new. I would also buy the used bow from a bow shop that has gone through the bow and will let you shoot it and try it out. The reason I say start with a used bow is because you will probably get hooked on archery just like everyone else does and then want to buy the best equipment out there the second time around. This way, you won't lose as much money when you trade or sell your first bow for your second bow.