Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Best Compound Bow For The Money >

Best Compound Bow For The Money

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Best Compound Bow For The Money

Old 04-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'd agree : fit the bow to your price

And if you're real picky about stuff, you can take up dominoes.

PSE always seemed to come up with an adequate bow under $500.

And remember there are a lot of accessories that add on to the basic bow price.
It's a lot like buying a new vehicle and then finding out you need to buy the tires and the steering wheel separately.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

Athens if you can find them.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

shoot a couple Mission bows you will be pleasantly surprised!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

I have shot alot of the 2010 model bows this year and the best bow for the $ is the PSE Vendetta XS. They are $599+tax new and I picked it over the Mathews Z7($799), Hoyt Maxxis 31($749), Rytera Alien-X($699), Bear Attack($749), ect. It is easy to get over $1000 in a 2010 model bow by the time you get a rest, sights, quiver, wrist sling, peep, ect. not counting your arrows and a release.

If your looking to get everything to try out bow hunting without a big price tag try a newer used bow. I have an 08 Diamond Rock loaded with everything you need to shoot including arrows and a release that I would make you heck of a deal on. It is listed in the archery classifieds on here. There's nothing wrong with it I just got a new 2010 Vendetta. Its 29in draw thats changeable with mods you can change with an allen wrench(no press needed) 60-70lb adjustable draw weight. If your interrested just pm me and I will make you a deal to get you started. Here is a link to see the exact bow specs. http://www.diamondarchery.com/bow_rock.php
Old 05-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

The best advise is (always) shoot everything you can. Find out what feels good and fits you well. Then you can find that in your price range with a bit of time, patience, and computer work. Good luck.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:44 AM
Spike

Question

I have owned/shot a bow a while ago, but would still consider myslef a beginner, especially for hunting. I have seen many responses to similar posts saying to shoot them all and choose by best feel. If I am just starting out, how would I know what feels good? Can someone offer any more detailed advice as to what to expect or look/feel for? Or maybe refer to another more detailed buying guide source?
Old 05-03-2010, 07:22 AM
Typical Buck

There is not much to it. You will notice the balance, vibration, draw and other factors right a way. It's a lot like golf. Some clubs just feel better than others. Shooting as many bows as you can, will help you see the difference on the bows. There will be a bow or 2 that just fits you well, feels good and shooters better than other for you. Good luck.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

the Mission Voyager is a awesome shooting bow!!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Spike

lol! I don't play golf, so that doesn't work for me either. But, I do get what your saying and have also read even more after posting my reply. There's a lot of good info out there. Thanks for the good pointers.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Spike

PSE Bow Madness XL. It is the sweetest shooting bow I have erver shot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.