logo
 

Go Back   HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2003, 03:04 PM   #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location:
Posts: 169
Send a message via AIM to Hunt2Kill
Default Which Bow, Mathews/BowTec/Hoyt?

Hello all, I' m new to this forum world and was just curious on your input. Im shooting 53# with a 28" draw and was wondering what bow i should buy this spring. Im Really looking at these 4 bows.
Mathews LX
Mathews Legacy
Hoyt CyberTec
BowTec Patriot
Please give me your input on which bow you guys have tested performed the best. I am going to the shop next week to demo the LX and CyberTec.
__________________
Why Work When You Can Hunt¿
Hunt2Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 06:24 PM   #2
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: McCall Idaho USA
Posts: 753
Default RE: Which Bow, Mathews/BowTec/Hoyt?



I' m a Hoyt man myself. I' m going on 11yrs now with the same one and have never had a problem with it. My next one will also be a Hoyt.

I think I read somewhere 90% of all big game are taken with Hoyts, the other 10% by those other bows, sometimes-LOL. Just a friendly ribbin. elknut1.
__________________
My Site
www.elknut.com
Authorized Vortex Dealer
elknut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 07:13 PM   #3
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location:
Posts: 169
Send a message via AIM to Hunt2Kill
Default RE: Which Bow, Mathews/BowTec/Hoyt?

Thank you for your input, i will look into it.
__________________
Why Work When You Can Hunt¿
Hunt2Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 07:38 PM   #4
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Joplin MO USA
Posts: 205
Default RE: Which Bow, Mathews/BowTec/Hoyt?

Mathews Legacy is the BEST!!!!! It is the sweetest shooting bow I have ever shot and I have owned a bunch of different brands.
hcurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 03:40 PM   #5
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Candor NY USA
Posts: 42
Default RE: Which Bow, Mathews/BowTec/Hoyt?

I was a die hard Mathews guy since 1999.

I just switched to Hoyt. Never shot a Bowtech.

Both Hoyt and Mathews are real nice bows.

I think the new grip and cam and 1/2 puts Hoyt on top. Just my opinion.
Tax Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 04:28 PM   #6
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location:
Posts: 7
Default RE: Which Bow, Mathews/BowTec/Hoyt?

I vote Bowtec. I bought the ExtremeVFT and love it. I was looking at Hoyts Razortec before I found this Bowtec dealer. He let me shoot his VFT and that was what made up my mind. I have heard mixed stuff about mathews, I guess you love em or hate em. My dealer used to shoot competitively with a mathews and said he was always having to replace the limbs every 6 months. His advice to me was if I didnt get a bowtech from him he would rather see me buy 10 hoyts before 1 mathews. Since he only carries Bowtec I thought that sounded pretty unbiased. I however have no experience with mathews so im just relaying what I was told.
Shoot em all and see what feels the best.

Oh yea the birth certificate on mine at 28" said 307fps
ExVFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 07:59 PM   #7
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location:
Posts: 169
Send a message via AIM to Hunt2Kill
Default RE: Which Bow, Mathews/BowTec/Hoyt?

Thank you all for your input
__________________
Why Work When You Can Hunt¿
Hunt2Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 12:14 AM   #8
Nontypical Buck
 
Bigpapascout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: In Teh Garage (Rossville, GA USA)
Posts: 1,161
Default RE: Which Bow, Mathews/BowTec/Hoyt?

HoytUSA all the way!!!!!!
__________________
"Minister of Information for the Royal Kingdom of $Tree"...
The common mistake people make when attempting to design something completely Idiot proof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete Idiots.
Bigpapascout is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hoyt or mathews timgrant_75 Bowhunting Gear Review 23 03-14-2005 02:46 PM
Mathews vs. Hoyt xtremetj Technical 11 08-20-2004 10:21 AM
Bowtec and Mathews... Spike Buck Technical 4 03-22-2004 08:16 PM
Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec Hunt2Kill Bowhunting 47 05-25-2003 04:38 PM
Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec? Hunt2Kill Technical 21 04-07-2003 02:55 PM

 

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:25 PM.