Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Octane Hostage Rest Review? >

Octane Hostage Rest Review?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Octane Hostage Rest Review?

Old 09-09-2008, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default Octane Hostage Rest Review?

Is anyone using this rest? I have a whisker biscuit and am thinking of switching to this. It should be quieter, faster, and will cause no fletch wear.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:37 AM
NWA
Spike

Default RE: Octane Hostage Rest Review?

I have one and while is does a great job of NOT damaging your fletchings. The brushes do wear much faster than I expected. They wear to the tune of needing replacing after about 300 shots. I have heard that Bowtech is working on stiffer brushes. So I will keep mine and wait for the new brushes. But, for now I have switched to the new Sizzor rest by NAP. This rest seems to be great but my limb has cracked on my Gander Tec Hunter Elite so my testing has been on hold now for about a week. Still waiting on Bowtech for the limbs.

Have a good one and I hope this helps

Nick
Old 09-09-2008, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

I grabbed one the min. they came out, and am I happy. may upgrade to the pro. it offers adjustable brushes. Go to www.huntersfriend.com and look about halfway down the page and see the artical called was the W.B. met its match? It helped me make my choice. And good luck!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

I have a question, can the arrow come off of the bristle pads easily once in the rest? Looks like it is a possibility..

I am a WB user and I am super curious about this rest.

Cheers.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:47 AM
NWA
Spike

I shoot Axis arrows with no problems of the arrow slipping through. That is with fresh brushes mind you. With worn brushes it will fall through, but it still requires a little push to do it. I really like the rest, I am just wanting some stiffer brushes so they will last a bit longer before needing replacing.

Nick
Old 09-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was thinking about trying it out as well. I can see no downside switching from WB to this....

Old 09-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

im using the NAP 360 right now which is bascially the hostage.. I thought about getting a biscuit, but again shoot error will throw that off more than on the hostage or NAP 360. The only thing I hate about the 360 is that the bottom peice of the rest doesnt exact sit flush with the arrow. I believe my brushes might be worn also on that model.

But from what I can tell, its super easy to tune and doesnt effect arrow flight any!