Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Golden Eagle

Old 02-17-2003, 04:21 PM

Default Golden Eagle

Hello fellow bow heads! New here and glad I found it.

I have had my old Bear Kodiak (80' s round wheel compound) for some time now and just got back into shooting.

Married to my wife now for 12 years and she didn' t even know I had a bow. Seeing me out there shooting daily, she has become more then interested!! So I bought her a used bow on Ebay LOL A Golden Eagle / Evolution.

Really sweet bow. I like it. Worth every penny!

She is having problems pulling it back, and I was wondering if I needed a bow press to reduce the pull weight? What do I do to reduce the pull weight?

I have never messed with limbs or wheels/cams, just accessories.

Second: Should I keep it for myself, and get her one of the Mathews Genesis bows that everyone seems to rave about? Did I say, I really like this Golden Eagle I originally purchased for her? Because I do. Going out to shoot it now!

Thanks!

Old 02-18-2003, 01:38 PM

Default RE: Golden Eagle

Perry,

that bow should have a 10 lb range of adust. You simply back out the two large allen bolts where the limbs attach to the riser. But you cannot back them out too far or the limbs will fall off[]

Do you know the weight range of the bow?

Also do you know your wifes draw length, amd the draw length of the bow??

If the draw is to long it can be much harder to pull back.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:02 PM

Default RE: Golden Eagle

THANKS!!!!!

I backed off the allen bolts holding the limbs on, and whala! I turned them both out 2 full turns. She can now pull it back. Now very well, but it is a start.

Now when I pull it back, it feels like a toy, but the pull length is on the money for me. We are almost the same pull length. Once she starts using a release, she will be up against the wall. It lengthened the pull length ever so slightly.

After searching today, I found I don' t need a press to change draw length. Just a new cam profile that bolts to the existing cams!!!!

It also has slick adjustments to keep the dual cams in tune. Which they were way off. This made it easier to pull, once the cams were in sinc. Made the let off more pronounced.

THANKS AGAIN! I would have never thought, just loosening the limbs reduced the draw weight. I was scared that it would make it fall apart, the first pull. It did make it more noisy upon release though. Not solid sounding as before.