Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Matthews Quivers: Expensive but are they worth the money????? >

Matthews Quivers: Expensive but are they worth the money?????

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Matthews Quivers: Expensive but are they worth the money?????

Old 03-26-2008, 04:59 PM

Default Matthews Quivers: Expensive but are they worth the money?????

I recently decided on the DXT and a RipCord drop away rest. I have a True Glo front site but I am now looking for a new quiver for my new bow. The Matthews Quivers are nice but $125.00? WOW... I like the fact that it is made for the bow and matches the camo but wondering if anyone else bought one and regrets spending the money. Does it vibrate or loosen up? I also want a quiver that is detachable so I can hang it on the tree when I'm in my stand. Do most of you have a 3 or 5 arrow quiver? I currently have a 6 arrow quiver but never use 6 arrows.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Matthews Quivers: Expensive but are they worth the money?????

I shot Mthews bows for 12 yrs. before switching to Bowtech last year and I would definitely say "yes" they are worth the money. I too like a quiver that detaches once I'm in the tree an the "T" series from Mathews are some of the best made. After a few seasons, the benefits of machined aluminum really show themselves. You have picked a top of the line bow, do yourself a favor and get a top of the line quiver.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:17 PM

I shoot a DXT with the Mathews Drop away rest and a Vital Bow Gear Sight. I actually decided to go with the new Mathews quiver. Two words, BAD A$$!! It looks great since its the same camo, plus with the harmonic dampers built into it, it makes it hard to beat. Price is steep, I agree. Very nice product though. I have got alot of compliments on it as well. I love the way the foam is cut out of it too. It fits my 4 blade 100 grain Slick Trick heads just perfect. Go get one, you wont regret it.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:19 AM
Typical Buck

I chose the Treelimb quiver in lost camo. I hang my quiver as soon as I get to my stand so to me it's not as important as it would be if I still hunted/stalked so I took a chance on a cheaper quiver. FWIW, I've heard nothing but good things about the T series though.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll stick to my $20.00 Kwikee that has lasted for YEARS without a problem. Light weight and removeable - just like I like it!
Old 03-27-2008, 07:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you like the "T" series from Mathews....... Treelimb will have theri premium series shipping very soon. They are about $30 less than a "T" quiver.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:31 AM

i have a mathews i bought it last year and i did git the new quiver and i love it. it dont rattle or make noise its great
Old 03-28-2008, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use alpine soft-loc quiver on my mathews sbxt.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I shot Mathews I always used the Arrow Web Quiver. I like top of the line accessories. It is money well spent in the long run.

That's whyI can't wait for the new Octane/Bowtech quivers!! They have features not found on any other quiver.

Dan
Old 03-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Site Bouncer

I have the two piece Mathews quiver on my Switchback LD and all I can say it it was worth every penny. You absolutely cannot go wrong with the Mathews line of quivers....Top notch.

Built in Vibration dampeners, adjustable to any size arrow as well as two different foam inserts, one for fixed broad heads and one for mechanicals. They also offer it in two different sizes. I opted for the extended one as I'm shooting 31 1/2 inch arrows and with the extended quiver my arrows don't extend past my lower cam.

Couple pics:

Quick Reply: Matthews Quivers: Expensive but are they worth the money?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.