Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Grim Reaper???

Old 02-15-2008, 09:59 PM

Default Grim Reaper???

I've seen all the stuff on youtube, but I want some real hunter's input. Are the Grim Reaper mechanicals all they are cracked up to be?

Andrew
Old 02-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Grim Reaper???

I traded the Rage BH for the Grim reaper and I am more than satisfied. Grim reapers are a force to be reckoned with.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I myself prefer Fixed blade broadheads, but a lot of my customers swear by Grim Reapers. Overall they are deinitely near the top of the Mechanical broadhead offeringsin terms of overall customer satisfaction.

Dan
Old 02-16-2008, 12:30 PM

Ok, thanks for the response. I just found out about the Rage. Evers, why the switch?
Old 02-18-2008, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are good solid heads. As good as any swing open style mechanical head. The are not however the "ultimate" broadhead as there video and testing would lead you to believe.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: XXXL Bowhunter

Ok, thanks for the response. I just found out about the Rage. Evers, why the switch?
I tried the rage BH and every deer that I shot with them was never recovered. All shots were broadside, under 15yds and dead on the money but no blood what so ever. I like the reaper because its an all around BH that can be used for deer and turkey with no problem. You can use it as a mechanical blade or lock the blades out and use it as a fixed blade and the great thing about them is that they dont use rubberbands. After switchingto reapers when I walk in the woods you can hear complete silence because the deer dont want to find out who will be next to feel the wrath.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: eversboys

ORIGINAL: XXXL Bowhunter

I tried the rage BH and every deer that I shot with them was never recovered. All shots were broadside, under 15yds and dead on the money but no blood what so ever. I like the reaper because its an all around BH that can be used for deer and turkey with no problem. You can use it as a mechanical blade or lock the blades out and use it as a fixed blade and the great thing about them is that they dont use rubberbands. After switchingto reapers when I walk in the woods you can hear complete silence because the deer dont want to find out who will be next to feel the wrath.
We'll let everybody come to their own conclusions on this statement.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:26 AM

i've been guiding bearhunters 4 35 yrs and have seen many bear shot with the reaper, great head. As far as Everboys you better take a look at your hunting skills even a target tip throw the lungs will kill a deer FAST. your not dead on sorry the truth hurts somstimes.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: arrowum
even a target tip throw the lungs will kill a deer FAST.

Dan
Old 02-27-2008, 07:42 AM
Spike

Tried the Grim's but every shot I made even if it was a clean shoot through The blades needed to be replaced just about impossible to sharpen and seemed to bend.

Quick Reply: Grim Reaper???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.