Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Magnus 125 grn stinger test results >

Magnus 125 grn stinger test results

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Magnus 125 grn stinger test results

Old 01-12-2003, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Magnus 125 grn stinger test results

Magnus 125 grain 2blade Stinger
Plywood 5 points
Steel drum 4 points
Tire 4 points
Cutting diameter 3 points
Accuracy 4 points
Blades 2 points
Non-mechanical head 2 points
Total Score 24 with a blade sharpness rating of A.

This is the 125grain version of the stinger. The blades are replaceable, or they can be touched up with any quality, sharpening tool. As they come from the package they are shaving sharp. I found the accuracy to be excellent, grouping nicely and consistently.
The 125grain stinger is noticeably larger than the 100grain version. It also proved to be tougher as well. That’s saying something, as the 100grain head was pretty darn tough!
In the plywood the head busted through with out any trouble or damage. In the tire the results were also good. The head penetrated the first side completely along with several inches of arrow shaft. The steel drum proved no problem. The Stinger penetrated the first side, with the tip and half the head sticking out the back. I was so impressed with how well the head did that I tested the same head all over again. I wanted to see just how durable it really was. It again came through with flying colors. It was still very accurate, spun true on the test arrow, and had no visible damage, (other than the normal nicking of the blades that comes from the steel belts in the tire test.) If you’re looking for a tough, accurate cut on contact two blade broadhead, weighing 125 grains, this would be my first choice. I was very impressed with this head. It is everything that a two blade broadhead should be. What more can you ask for!

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 01-12-2003, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Magnus 125 grn stinger test results

Thanks again for the time and effort five'er!

I have used the 125 magnus with good results on a couple of deer but never the stingers. Sounds like they would make a great head. Thanks for the info.

Keep up the good work.

Old 01-12-2003, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I killed two deer with the regular 125 grn screw on this year. They worked very well, but the stinger takes the few negitive aspects of the regular line and eliminates them. As far as two blade 125 grn heads go the stinger is my favorite. They spin true from the package, they don't rust so the edges stay sharper longer and they are also a bit easier to get good accuracy with, probably becuase of the vents in the blades.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 01-14-2003, 06:48 PM

Great review as always. I'm going to try these this year. Just got a package of the the 125 four blades. I'll have to test them side by side from my long bows.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:31 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]