Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

NAP Thunderhead

Old 08-19-2007, 10:22 PM

Default NAP Thunderhead

I shot some NAP Thunderhead(100gr) broadheads tonight, overall I was impressed. Anybody had good success with these heads in the past?Would love tohear some feedback, good or bad. Thanks!
Old 08-19-2007, 11:48 PM

Default RE: NAP Thunderhead

I'd say about 75% of the people in my archery hunting group use them for many years now and refuse to change to anything else. They swear by them. I know they've put a lot of nice deer on the walls and in the freezer for us. I'll be giving them a try this season, too. The blades are very sharp out of the box. I'm impressed with them and the damage I've seen them do to the deer when shot by others around here. They fit really nicely on my carbon arrows, too.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:51 PM

They have the sharpest blades made imo. Thats all I ever used till I started shooting expandables. Make sure you shoot them first to make sure they fly well. Sometimes they do need to be tuned a little. Probably Killed more deer then all others combined.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:48 AM
Typical Buck

Probably one of the most successful broadheads ever produced.

I don't think I have ever heard of problems with Thunderheads other than from poeple who couldn't get them to fly right due to poor bow tune.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree.... Thousands of bowhunters use NAP Thunderheads. They work, plain and simple.

BUT - in my experience, they are just a tad heavier than they are listed at. 100gr is actually 106. 125 is actually 130. Then again, 5-6 grains is not enough to really cause concern. Out of a perfectly tuned bow, they will fly accurate like a guided missle. But then at longer distances, 40-50 yds... you may want to aim just an eyelash higher.

Butch A.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Love them.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Probably one of the most successful broadheads ever produced.
Its the only head i would use for yrs Only reason i changed is i just wanted to try something different for a while but i will most likely end up going back to thunderheads.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thunderhead 125 gr. are my favorites. Of all the game I harvested with this broadhead therewasnever a problem or failure. Very rugged and reliable.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Dominant Buck

They're all I use on my trad bow and crossbow, excellent heads.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot the fixed blade Thunderhead 100's. I like them alot and haven't had a blade break from them yet. I'm not saying they couldn't break, but in my experience they haven't let me down yet.

Quick Reply: NAP Thunderhead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.