Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Looking for new hunting bow...any suggestions? >

Looking for new hunting bow...any suggestions?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Looking for new hunting bow...any suggestions?

Old 12-30-2002, 10:08 PM

Default Looking for new hunting bow...any suggestions?

I am looking for a used/new hunting bow under 250-300. I have all the accesories, all I need is the bow itself. I'm looking for something with a draw weight between 50-65 lbs, 27-29 in draw, and at least 60% let off. If anyone has a used bow, suggestions on a certain bow, or a good place to find one it would help alot...thanks.
Old 12-31-2002, 03:26 AM

Default RE: Looking for new hunting bow...any suggestions?

My friend has a Martin Bow with all the trimmings posted on archerytalk.com clasifiads. There are some good buys there. I jus bought two on classifiads. I got bargains. I have my last year Legacy, Im thinking of selling it. Im staff shooter and get new bow everyear from dealer. Martin bow is Cougar I think and huntinsonofgun is elling it. I have shot it and tuned it, good bow. He upgraded for 3d. I would have to get $450.00 out of Legacy! Thats good price for Legacy. I hunt hard and it has some marks on risor. Certainly doesnt effect shooting, that is one smooth bow.
Old 12-31-2002, 07:36 PM

montana_hunter_16, I have a Parker feather magII that is 61 lbs. bottomed out. It is 37" ATA and I have 27" 80% module-27" 65 % module-28" and 30" module 80%.The grip has been modified to a low wrist and is siliconed on. I will include the limb savers. Would take 300.00 and split shipping. E-mail at [email protected] if interested. Don

Old 01-01-2003, 12:26 PM

i shoot a pse firestorm it is a great shooting bow, small ,solid quality, smooth dray cycle. have shot pse 9 yrs. they make great bows.
at good prices (you dont pay for as much advertising as some of the other hot bows out now which you just over pay for the name!) good luck finding a bow, just find one "feels good" and fits you.