Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

arrow rest, whats good?

Old 12-22-2002, 08:37 PM

Default arrow rest, whats good?

Im looking to buy a new arrow rest for my hoyt cybertec.I heard the Tropy Taker fall away was very good.Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 12-23-2002, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: arrow rest, whats good?

It really depends on what your looking for in a rest. Some I have used with great results are the Golden key Rover, bodoodle prolite and bullet, Muzzy Zero effect, and the Wisker bisquit. I am toying with a trophy taker now, and so far it seems like a pretty good rest, I have only done some initial paper tuning and 10 yard shooting in my shop, but it has been reliable, and quiet. If you do get a trophy taker I would suggest the more expensive model with the easier vertical and horizontal adjustments. Mine is the less expensive model, and it is difficult to change on setting without moving the other.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 12-23-2002, 08:43 AM

Whats the deal with the muzzy zero effect it looks weak but the people here seem to like it.You guys think thats a better rest then the trophy taker.
Old 12-23-2002, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the Zero effect has a lot more advantages for the hunter than the TT. I really don't have enough experience with the trophy taker to make a real honest evaluation of it yet, but so far it seems like a good rest.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 12-23-2002, 08:57 PM

You want simple and easy. Trophy taker fallaway. It works for the pros. If hunting get the shaky arm. I love mine and it will increase scores in 3d. Check out at trophytaker.com
Old 12-25-2002, 07:16 PM

I have the Muzzy zero effect on 2 bows. I would have bought a Mathews legacy if the Muzzy would fit. I bought a Bowtech. I will not buy any bow that I can not put a Muzzy on. I shot a Trophy Taker about 10 times. It seems to be a good rest but I like the Muzzy better.To reply to the question of the Muzzy being weak. I think it is one tough mother.Don

Old 12-26-2002, 11:52 AM

yes the trophy taker is a good rest but there are also a lot of good rests made by other companies. This year the hottest 3 fall aways have been the trophy taker, MZE, and Mirage. They are all good but each has good & bad points. I also saw the new power drop and it is a cool looking rest & it shot really good when the sales rep was showing it off. I am not sure when it will be out. on my 3-D bow I use the golden premier fall away and it is a great rest, 100% happy with it. never had a problem with it and I have no plans on taking it off either!

If you do not want a fall away then look at the golden premier, 3-D rover, bodoodles, NAP, and cavaliers. I think one of the best rests of all time is the golden premier and it a very solid & proven design.

The main thing is to look for something you feel confident using & what can be serviced easily. Warranty is also a big thing to conisder.
Old 12-27-2002, 10:07 PM

I myself don't think you need a complicated rest such as a drop away for hunting, but that's just my personal opinion. I have had excellent results with Golden Key's rest's. They are top of the line in my book. If you want a durable rest that won't let you down, and is very easy to adjust, then take a look at these three, Golden Premier, Platinum Premier, and the Infinity.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

I like the whisker biscuit. I got it on two out of the three bows i have. The other rest i have is a tm hunter. I hate that rest.
Old 12-30-2002, 05:24 PM

Hey Smooch, I couldn't agree more. That is the great thing about the MZE. It is simple and fool prof. You can't knock your arrow off the rest. There are no springs or stops to click and you never have to worry about your fletching hitting those prongs or replacing the material on the prongs.Just draw-aim small and release. Simple is best. Don

Quick Reply: arrow rest, whats good?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.