Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

hoyt bow comparisons

Old 05-24-2007, 12:46 AM

Default hoyt bow comparisons

Has anyone out there taken the time to set up and shoot the hoyt range of bows for an accuracey comparison the vectrix,38 pro,38 ultra and the elite series bows and what did you think. is the elite series noticebly more accurate than the vectrix for example.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:18 AM

Default RE: hoyt bow comparisons

I don't know how much help this is going to be . . . . but I have a two year old Pro Tec. Shoots great. I also tried a Pro Elite (also 38") recently and it was a tack driver. Actually, I'm sure any of these bows will put them all in the same hole from a machine rest. The issue is which one(s) are going to respond best to your particular style of shooting. All of them are very forgiving and capable of extraordinary accuracy. No short cuts here. You are going to have to do some test shooting.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too have shot all of them. The Elite series are generally prefered by the target guys, but the best shooter at my shop I go to shoots a 38 Pro, so who knows. Everyone has their preference. I would say go and shoot them, and give it a try.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:11 AM

I cant wait to get an 80lb vulcan, I was hell bent on My switch back XT's but after shooting that, i dont know. Ill get it when i find a good price on one. They lay the damn hammer down.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:53 PM

At 80 lbs i bet they would lay the hammer downlol.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:49 PM

ORIGINAL: rjh4

Has anyone out there taken the time to set up and shoot the hoyt range of bows for an accuracey comparison the vectrix,38 pro,38 ultra and the elite series bows and what did you think. is the elite series noticebly more accurate than the vectrix for example.
I have shot most of the Hoyt line, and own several of their bows, to me accuracy depends more on the accessories than the actual bow, to SOME extent. I have shot my Vectrix with target accessories on it and shot almost as good as I can with the Pro Elite. Given a choice i would hunt with their hunting bows and shoot with their target bows.