Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tree Suit?

Old 12-09-2002, 04:26 PM

Default Tree Suit?

Has anybody tried the Tree Suit? how did you like it if you did try it? It looks like a good tree stand thing and I was wanting to see if anybody has tried it before I buy it.

Old 12-10-2002, 05:15 PM

Default RE: Tree Suit?

I have the tree suit, but the land i have to hunt is all public and your not aloud to use screw in steps, which i personally think you really need to use this system. I have been using the cranford hang on steps, because i feel the safest using them, also use lone wolf climbing sticks to get to my hunting height.Tried 4 or 5 different ideas where the steps are concerned but i think you diffently need the screw in type because your not putting pressure straight down on the step when your moving around the tree like you would be if you were climbing the tree.Tried three different type strap on and rope on steps and they all cocked and didnt feel stable.Not sure how it would be useable in real cold weather, if you wanted to put more layers on or take layers off, you would have to unhook and come down the tree, same thing if you have to take a leak.Havent used mine in cold weather yet because of this. After about 5 hrs butt starts to get sore and thats even with moving around some during that time period,ridgid seat is just that,ridgid.If your looking for mobility around the tree check out greens tree saddle at trophylineusa.com.I havent tried this one in a hunting situation yet ,but i have used it practising(sp),Much better mobility all the way around and it has a 500# weight limit. You still need the screw in steps with this also(imo).There's no ridgid seat on it so i dont know how it would feel after 4 or 5 hours or more.Im looking at the lonewolf hang on ,just think its a better value for the money when you throw in the cold weather factor and your not really going to be able to use the tree suit on a tree that leans any more than you would be able to use a hang on.I think it really breaks up your outline good though.Hopes this helps.