Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Who has made "Home-made Scent killer?" >

Who has made "Home-made Scent killer?"

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Who has made "Home-made Scent killer?"

Old 11-08-2006, 07:17 AM

Default Who has made "Home-made Scent killer?"

Hunters,

I have made a batch of the home-made scent killer. I must admit i am a little nervous about spraying this stuff on ALL of my scent free washed clothing. Everyone that's used it, seem to agree it WORKS GREAT? Also is it normal for all the baking soda to sit at the bottom of the Jug?

Thanks In Advance,
Squeegee
Old 11-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who has made "Home-made Scent killer?"

Sounda like you put too much BS in it. I've had some sitting at the bottom before and not noticed any adverse effects. I've made the homebrew stuff for 2 years now and have never noticed being winded. Flat out, the stuff works, and its cheap. Can't beat that.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:26 PM

I've never used it, but I would like to. Would you care to PM me the recipe? I would appreciate it. Thanks
Old 11-09-2006, 06:55 AM

Lost, here it is...
HOMEMADE SCENTKILLER
1 Gal. of Distilled Water
16 oz. of 3% peroxide
8oz. Box of Baking Soda
2 Shot glasses of HS Shampoo/soap (green)

Mix in a large bowl, pour into an empty water jug and let it sit for a few day with the cap loose on the Jug to let the gas escape, then its ready to go.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:30 PM

Thanks for your help. I'll definately try it.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Spike

Squeeqee, I just had a friend give me a written copy out of a book on the receipe but it only called for 16 oz. of water. Everything else is the same. Could it possibly bea different receipe or is your a little weak, or mine a little strong?
Old 11-13-2006, 06:57 PM

http://www.fastestbows.com/articles/corrigan/scent_elimination_sprays.html

I have'nt try this yet anyone ? this guy says 3% proxcide has a smell to it ?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:33 PM

This scent killer that you all are talking about truly does work. When Iread about this scent killer last fall, well,I jumped right to it. My friends if you lived up here in Edmonton, Alberta and you saw the cost forsome scent killers....you to might want to consider an alternitive. This home made solution that you are referring to is cheap to make....($1.45 cnd) . Why spend up wards to $13.00+ for "brand name stuff", when this home made stuffs works just as well...if not better.

You already mentioned the amount of ingredients:
2 cups of 3% hydrogen peroxide
2 cups of distilled water
1/2 cup of baking soda ( I warm up the distilled water to disolve it)
1 ounce of unscented shampoo or unscented laundry soap

First I warm up the distilled water, then I put in the baking soda, then the peroixde, and lastly the unscented shampoo, ( or unscented soap)

Remember to put it into a 1-gallon jug with the cap loosely on to let the gases escape. About 5 days should work.

I shared this formula with others up here and they truly liked it...they said "I got closer to deer with this formula than any other time"
"I agree with you Dune it works"

Another formula that some have used is to go to your favorite hunting spots and gather up...twigs, leaves, dirt, and anything else that you want to add from the area... and bring it home. Then add this stuff to a gallon of distilled water and bring it to a boil, then poor the solution into a potthrough a strainer,and then add 2 cups of peroixde. You might want to add rubbing alchohol to kill any bacteria.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use dunezilla's recipe and I can give you an example of how it works. My dog was "skunked" twice, the last time was 2 nights ago. Now the skunk didn't score a direct hit but Buster was misted pretty good. I sprayed him down with the homemade scentkiller, wiped him down with a towel, sprayed him with scentkiller again and then let him go roll in the grass. Wiped him down again. sprayed again. Most of the smell was gone after the first spraying but I figured a couple more times couldn't hurt. Anyway, the bottom line is that the homemade scentkiller got rid of the skunk smell two different times. If it can neutralize a skunk smell then it can neutralize human odors.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always thought that peroxide would bleach hair?

Quick Reply: Who has made "Home-made Scent killer?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.