Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
need help with pin sights >

need help with pin sights

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

need help with pin sights

Old 11-08-2002, 11:28 PM

Default need help with pin sights

i have a bear whitetail 2 with a cobra sights and at 20 yards i have my pin all the way down and it is on but what do i need to do so i can use all the sights for 30 and 40 yards

ken mcintosh

Edited by - kmac32 on 11/09/2002 00:52:07
Old 11-10-2002, 09:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: need help with pin sights

Does your sight bracket have slots where it mounts onto the bow? If so, slide it to gain the extra you need. If not, maybe you can take it off and drill holes in the sight bracket to gain more room on your slots for your pins to slide on.
Otherwise you might have to buy a different sight.

Old 11-11-2002, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: need help with pin sights

It sounds like to me you have a very high anchor point. Like up close to your eye or something. You need to get your anchor lower. This in turn will make you shoot higher with that pin. Then you just adjust the pin UP to get your twentyyards back. If you are shooting fingers then a good anchor point is the index finger in the corner of the mouth. Shooting release I'd say (from experience) to anchor somewhere under your jawbone or chin. You can tell pretty much what I'm suggesting if you just measure the distance between your nocking point on the string and your peep sight. It should be in the neighborhood of 5 3/4" to 6". Go from there and see what happens.