Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 My Review - NAP Quicktune 360 Rest >

My Review - NAP Quicktune 360 Rest

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

My Review - NAP Quicktune 360 Rest

Old 08-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default My Review - NAP Quicktune 360 Rest

I got a lot of PM's and people asking questions about this rest. The short story on the review is I really really like it a lot for a hunting rest and can't think of anything I would change about it. I am a big fan of the whisker biscuit and the KISS methodology for hunting gear andthink the QT 360 offers all the same benefits as the WB and is also much more adjustable for around the same price. I love the fact that there are no moving parts at all. I personally don't think it matters at all, however there are a lot of people that don't like the WB because of vane contact and this rest offers the same full containment with zero vane contact, so this is a great compromise for those folks as well. It is dead silent, full containment, easily adjusted, and best of all.....CHEAP!

I really wanted to shoot this rest a good bit before putting up a review of it and I can say now that it is very forgiving and very accurate as well. This rest is just as forgiving as the dropzone I shot last season. I heard reviews that this rest can sometimes be a PITA with single cam bows and other bows that don't have perfectly level nock travel, however I haven't seen any of this on my XT. It was super easy to get tuned with it and now it shoots great out to 40 yards.

Old 08-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Spike

Default RE: My Review - NAP Quicktune 360 Rest

thanks, really appreciate the review
Old 08-29-2006, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice review...what kind of sights are those? Did you ever get my email?
Old 08-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the great review,

You're just feeding my fire[8D], I'm wanting one of those in a bad way.
I'm making a trip to the archery shop today (new 2 bow case & release), maybeI can put my hands on one.
I sold 2 of my bows, so I really don't have any plans for it, but I bet I could get it shooting back to whereI am in no time flat.

The ONE question I have is, will it shoot the skinny carbons well? or would the cradle not allow for the fletching on the smaller carbon shafts to clear the small shelf?

I currently shoot ICS 400's, but don't want a rest to limit my options.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rick, did you remove the dropzone to shoot this rest and if so did you notice your bow get quieter after the switch??

That alone would push me over the edge.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: r33h

Nice review...what kind of sights are those? Did you ever get my email?
Sword Acu Site 3rd Plane with the camo 2" pin guard (large pin guard). I love this site.....perfect for hunting and it fits a large peep perfectly. Their Micro 3rd plane is the one with the small pin guard and retaining bezel thingie to add a lense and that is what I use on my 3D rig and the one I won the NYS ASA championship with. Great sites at a great price. Yes, got your email and forgot about it......responding now.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DaveC

Thanks for the great review,

You're just feeding my fire[8D], I'm wanting one of those in a bad way.
I'm making a trip to the archery shop today (new 2 bow case & release), maybeI can put my hands on one.
I sold 2 of my bows, so I really don't have any plans for it, but I bet I could get it shooting back to whereI am in no time flat.

The ONE question I have is, will it shoot the skinny carbons well? or would the cradle not allow for the fletching on the smaller carbon shafts to clear the small shelf?

I currently shoot ICS 400's, but don't want a rest to limit my options.
I shoot goldtip 7595's out of it, and they are about the same size as your ICS 400's. No problems there and it is adjustable for different size shafts. Should work fine for you I think. I have blazers on mine too, and they have a very high profile so if these clear just about anything will. For $50, you can't go wrong. If you don't like it, just put it up for sale on ebay or archerytalk.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DaveC

Rick, did you remove the dropzone to shoot this rest and if so did you notice your bow get quieter after the switch??

That alone would push me over the edge.
My dropzone was pretty quiet. I wouldn't say either was any quieter than the other....honestly they are both about the same in accuracy and quietness. I have heard drop zones that were loud though, mine was not. The QT is about $40-$50 cheaper though.......

I removed my dropzone because early this summer I had no use for the hunting bow it was on (Bowtech) and I knew I was getting into the shop I shoot for now which was a Mathews dealer. I sold all the accessories at the same timebecause I knew I would just buy new stuff this year for my new rig, and I wanted to use the $$$ towards accessories for the new Apex 7 I got out of the deal for 3D season. That is the only reason I sold the DZ. That was a great rest too, but when it was time to drop $$$ on a new hunting setup about a month ago, I decided to keep it cheap and simple.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gotcha and thanks for the info.

I've done the 2 ring upgrade to my DZ and I'm not saying it is loud,
but when I stuff a small piece of foam under the arm (in effect wedging it in the up position) and then shoot a bare shaft my bow is quieter during the shot. Not by leaps and bounds, but quieter.

So I am hoping my next rest will be quieter (or at least as quiet as possible)- which is what I am after- as quiet as possible- silent death.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just tested this rest yesterday again and i found several things wrong and im done fooling around with it.i was looking for a little better long range performance than my whisker biscut which i used since it came out. i bought the quicktune 360 last year and was liking it for about a week. then the teflon guides and post started wearing out and my groups went out the window. i called the company and they said they re- designed the bottom post and the teflon guides and they sent the new revisions to me. being too close to the hinting season i put the whisker biscut back on. i planned on trying this year. around december they did another re-design using bristles like a whisker biscut. i called and they sent me more parts. well yesterday i messed with it and found there werent enough bristles and probably werent stiff enough to keep the arrow in place all that great. in other words the arrow fell between the cracks so i had to opush it back into place with my finger while at draw. i messed with the adjustments and never got the rest to work. groups were poor and after seversal round the bottom post cracked in half. the bottom post is made of a springy thin plastic. anyway im done being a tester for a product that for me wasted my time. i think they should have done way more testing. so for now im now gonna try those blazer fletching on my whisker biscut to see if my 35 yard hits group better.

Quick Reply: My Review - NAP Quicktune 360 Rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.