Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

I NEED A ARROW STAND

Old 11-03-2002, 03:19 PM

Default I NEED A ARROW STAND

Hello everyone, I am wanting to find a arrow stand to hold fletched arrows, my husband seen one on ebay he liked. I tried to check on yahoo but have`nt found any there. The one on ebay was a three sided corner stand that held eight dozen fletched arrows-they stood strait up. It was kind of like a stand that holds pool sticks. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, and safe hunting everyone.
Old 11-03-2002, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I NEED A ARROW STAND

The plastic grids they use to cover flourescent light fixtures are ideal. You can glue dowels to the corners. One grid on the bottom, one on the top. Make sure the grids line up.

Bowhunter
Old 11-04-2002, 05:53 PM

thanks for the reply dick, he would prefer to have a wooden one but if that isn`t obtainable i will either have to get one made or make my own, thanks for the tip i may try that if i don`t get the wooden one. Have you made one like this? if so how many arrows did it hold?, thanks , annie.
Old 11-04-2002, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

Some friends and I made eight of them a few years ago. However one of my friends had a bench saw and we cut slots in 2X4's then glued the grids in and still used dowels to separate them. We inserted the dowels into the 2X4's.

Bowhunter
Old 11-07-2002, 09:53 PM

Thanks for the info Dick Cress, with no other replys on this subject i take it alot of people don`t use the arrow stands. I`ve only seen one and it was the one that was on ebay, my husband fletches his own arrows and we have them laying every where, diffrent types and sizes. I`ts getting cluttered so i may have to make my own if i do i`ll let you know how it turned out. Thanks alot for the help and ideas. Annie.
Old 11-08-2002, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a small shelf area on my workbench in my garage where I fletch my arrows. I drilled a dozen holes in one shelf and did a shallow countersink on the bottom shelf. I only do 12 arrows max at a time, so I didn't need a lot of space.

My Web Page
www.geocities.com/hfpmad

Old 11-10-2002, 05:20 PM

ilbowman, thanks for the tip i might try that , sounds simple enough, annie.