Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

GKF Shoot Out

Old 11-03-2002, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default GKF Shoot Out

Earlier this season I had mentioned to several buddies of mine that if I was fortunate enough to take a good buck with my Mirage fall away then I would shoot a rest at the far opposite end of the arrow rest spectrum.... a containment system. WELL, on Oct. 26 I was lucky enough to anchor a dandy, so all of a sudden I found myself in the market for a containment rest.

After researching several forums and chatting with dealers and shooters of these unique rests, I chose the GKF Shoot Out. I had originally wanted the WB but because of the vane curling friction everyone spoke of plus the fact that many said to trim the whiskers (I didn't want to modify a rest right out of the package) I opted for the GK. I also loved the fact that the Shoot Out could be loaded from the side or top instead of a front feed!!!

To say I have been SHOCKED by the performance of this rest is an understatment!!! I had the rest tuned to bullet hole pefection in only 3 shots!!! I found that the virgin Teflon tipped posts after only just a few break in shots were whisper quiet. The arrow locks in solidly and very easily. I found the rest to shoot very well out to 40 yards (as far as tested). Simple, durable, and whisper quiet.... this is one heck of a bowhunters rest. From you western stalkers to you eastern treestanders this is THE rest that will insure your arrow is there when you need it. So for anyone in the market for a containment rest or someone who is fed up with the biscuit, check out the GKF Shoot Out. It may be the last rest you need to buy.
Old 11-04-2002, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GKF Shoot Out

Nice review. Here's another I found after you're review intrigued me-

http://www.bowhunting.net/evaluation...-ShootOut.html

After shooting a drop away for two years (savage), I'm looking hard at this rest, jut may have to give it a whirl.

Old 11-04-2002, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's another one, not sure if it's written by the same guy or not, very similar comments.

http://www.fastestbows.com/gk_shootout.htm

Just checked, same author...

Edited by - Rangeball on 11/04/2002 14:09:41
Old 11-05-2002, 10:40 AM

Thanks for the review IL-Cornfed! I too have been playing with this rest and it is surpising to say the least. I didn't think this style of rest could shoot good but I was wrong! the shoot out should be great in the treestand this winter when it gets down really cold!