Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

In-Line Draw-Loc Unit

Old 09-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Spike

Default In-Line Draw-Loc Unit

After major problems with my shoulders, I can no longer pull the bow back. Maybe after another operation, but not for this hunting season. I was told about this hunting aid which is legal with a doctors note. My surgeon said no problem when i called the office. That being said, anyone use one of these? Is it hard to set one up? Is it worth trying? Is it accurate? Safe?
Anyone who has used or set one up, I would appreciate your input! Thanks
Old 09-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Spike

well I bought one and will have to find out for myself!
Old 09-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Spike

Could you let me know how it works out.Phil
Old 09-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Spike

works great after it is fine tuned. The tork adjustment must be set right or the arrow fishtails. The release must be set to just after a full draw or you could get a lag when firing. After I messed around with it after having a archery shop set it up, not entirely right, i am happy to say it is very good . I have it set at 68lbs when i usually shoot at 59lbs. My range was 30 yards before. I have tested it up to 40 yards so far and is very accurate. It is a bit heavy, but I have no choice. I recommend this item for people in my position. Please note: I would rather be using my bow without the contraption just because i know how my bow feels and shoots. I guess this may grow on me.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Spike

sounds good Joe,could you post pictures or post web site Thanks
Old 09-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey jo whatever it takes. I saw these used years ago by guys in your shoes. I would rather see someone using one of these 'tools' and enjoying themself rather than sitting at home being miserable because they aren't hunting.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Spike

Thanks Guys! I hope I can get back to my bow next season, but for now this is where i am at. October 1 in New York..ill be in the woods!

http://www.drawloc.com/content/line-draw-loc-unit