Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

API safety harness

Old 10-29-2002, 10:26 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default API safety harness

has anyone used the API safety harness and climbing system? I currently am using the gorilla full body harness and it is not a good option for bow hunting. You can not shoot when you turn to the right, as you draw your bow your arm runs into the strap that attatches you to the tree, I've tried putting it lower and higher on the tree and it does not matter where you put it you get enough interference you can't shoot. In the pictures it looks like the API harness is out of your way. Need some input fast so i can get one ordered. Thanks.
Old 10-29-2002, 01:36 PM

Default RE: API safety harness

I'm very happy with mine. The "Left Shoulder" and "Right Shoulder" printed on the front straps makes it much easier for me to figure out how to put it on when I'm standing outside in the dim light of the dome light.
Old 11-08-2002, 03:34 PM

Default RE: API safety harness

I've really been happy with the "Seat O the Pants" full body harness. The only problem I have with full body harness is it renders your pockets useless. So my lovely wife put a slit just below the neck in the back of my Scent Blocker suit where I can thread the strap through that I attach to the tree. Kind of looks like a big button hole. Works great.

The harder I work, the luckier I get!