Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Whisker Biscuit review.

Old 02-12-2006, 08:59 AM

Default Whisker Biscuit review.

I've had my new bow setup 10 days now and have shot about 100 arrows through it. But I don't think I'm going to like this whisker bicuit, its the deluxe qs model. The pros: it is pretty quiet and simple with the only moving parts being the bristles. The cons: Its eating the vanes off my arrows. These are new arrows bought the day I had the bow setup and the WB is either tearing the vanes off and/or wrinkling them.

So looks like I'll be looking for a new rest. Most likely some type of fall-away but I'm not really interested in the ones that use a string, again I want to keep it smiple. The less things to break the better. What would you recommend? Anyone tried the Trap Door?
Old 02-12-2006, 09:22 AM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit review.

Then again, I may try the Muzzy.

http://www.shopatron.com/product/product_id=MZY600-Hoyt/182.0.1933.1940.0.0.0#longdescMZY600-Hoyt
Old 02-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try the Golden key arrow Trap. It encloses the arrow with the benifit of a prong rest with clearance. It is no longer made but can be bought on the net.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

use feathers there faster and shoot better anyway. mine were good for about 1500-2000 shots this year and still shooting fine just had the time so i changed them.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:27 PM

I have a whisker biscuit and I shoot CX 200s feathers and they shoot fine. I would switch to feathers.......if you have a whisker biscuit.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ditto

i've shot for 2 years with the same feathers, they are a bitt ratty around the edges but shoot just fine.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:03 AM

I shoot a drop-away (NAP Smartrest...love it!), but I have a friend who swears by his Biscuit. He shoots a real stiff vane (I believe made by Bohning), and he doesn't have any problems with vane damage.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

Mark, the problem you are encountering with the vanes is typical for a new biscuit. You should see a gradual decrease in the damage to the vanes as the biscuit gets worn in.
A couple of things that have worked for me is that I made sure all of the nocks andvanes are the same oneach ofmy arrows, even though there is no need for a "cock vane" I still shoot all arrowswith the cock vane up.
I also put a spot of glue on the front edge of each vane, so the bristles would slide over the front of the vane.
I have been using my whisker biscuit for a couple of years now and would not hesitate to buy another.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

cost of WB deluxe..$55, cost of 36 Blazer vanes...$7, cost of platinum fletch tite...$10, cost of AR E-Z...$45.........cost of fletching your own arrows when you want, the color you want, and how you want, at your convenience........cheaper than most drop away rests!!
Old 02-14-2006, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

i love my a-z fletcher is just awsome

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit review.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.