Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Scott Release Problems

Old 10-18-2002, 02:03 PM

Default Scott Release Problems

I have owned the same Scott caliper release for 12 years. I haven't had any trouble with it at all......
My friend, on the other hand has bought two Scott releases in two months, and HAS had trouble with them....

The draw length adjusting screw on his Lil' Goose release came loose TWICE, even though we were sure it was tight when we set it up......
.......THEN the jaw of the release started separating so much that his string loop would slip right through, sending expensive carbon arrows to parts unknown!!!!! (he sent this release back to Scott Mfg. earlier this week)

Last Sunday he bought an Ol' Faithful release....He removed the string loop, placed a nock and cushion nock on the bow, and re-tuned. Thursday night the string broke!!! He hadn't shot the release 100 TIMES!!!!(using a Mathews Legacy set on 70lb.)

Has quality control gone out the window at Scott in the past few years??? Has anyone else had the same trouble???

I think when the time DOES come for me to replace my 12 year old Scott caliper, I'm going to get a Tru-Ball.....anyone tried the tornado w/ loopmaster head??
Old 10-22-2002, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scott Release Problems

First troubles with Scott release that I've heard of. I'd be willing to bet that Scott would replace deffective release if it was returned to them with simple explanation of the problems. They are built well, as are Tru-ball, in my opinion, although I have never used a Tru-ball, couple friends of mine do, and seem to like them.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

This was the first time I ever heard of a scott release not working. Now I know of another. One of my hunting buddies tried to shoot a 160 class buck on video with a one year old little goose. The release would not go off. If the buck was`nt so big it would be funny. He tried to pull the trigger about 12 times, the trigger would move but not set the release off! It is amazing to watch a guy on video that has perfect form(he has won two world championships)start to flinch so hard that he was almost jumping up in the air when he would try to make it go off!

NRA,UBP,BASS Member
New Stanton,PA
Old 10-23-2002, 10:11 PM

Call Scott Archery, they will fix them no matter what you do to them. They really stand behind their product....or at least they used too.

www.scottarchery.com