Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Game Tracker Silvertip mechanical test results >

Game Tracker Silvertip mechanical test results

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Game Tracker Silvertip mechanical test results

Old 10-11-2002, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Game Tracker Silvertip mechanical test results

Game tracker silvertip:
Plywood: 2 points
Steel drum: 3 points
Orange: 3 points
Accuracy: 5 points
Cutting diameter: 4 points
Blades: 3 points
Total score: 20 with a blade sharpness rating of B

The Game Tracker Silvertip is a typical 3 blade, swing open style mechanical broadhead.
It uses rubber bands to hold the blades closed. It does have two unique features. First it comes with two weight collars. In this way you can make the head either 85 or 100 grains. The other nice feature is the tip. It is removable and replaceable if it becomes damaged. The blades are sharp enough for hunting out of the package, but not super sharp like some other heads of this type.
In the plywood test the head penetrated to the back of the blades, but two blades broke off in the process. In the steel drum it penetrated the first side, and the tip was sticking out the back, but again two blades broke off. In the orange the Silvertip opened fully by the time it exited the back, but had not begun to open on the front.
Overall this is a decent mechanical broadhead, it is far from great, but it is not terrible either. I believe it would get the job done with the right setup, but you are likely to loose blades if you hit something hard. It is hard to beat the price, but again as with all the Game tracker broadheads I have tested, these are made in China. I don’t know your feelings on this matter, but I think it is important enough to at least mention. As far as performance, for a few dollars more you can get much better heads, but in a pinch these will work fine. The price is also low enough that I wouldn’t feel bad about treating them as a disposable broadhead.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 10-11-2002, 06:24 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-12-2002, 05:10 PM

Default RE: Game Tracker Silvertip mechanical test results

i have always thought the muzzys were the best head i had ever shot. never anything but a KILL. the steelheads are much improved and really get the job done. they are sharper than the muzzys too. if i had a head to choose on a big BUCK...muzzy gets the nod, but if someone gave me a rocket i wouldnt thin twice.

5 shot...thanks, as always...good stuff.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Game Tracker Silvertip mechanical test results

5 shot - thanks again!