Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tree ladders

Old 10-07-2002, 06:40 PM

Default Tree ladders

As old age creaps up on me, I find screwing in tree steps a real pain. Last year, I pulled my left sholder and after 3 weeks, I went to the nurse at work, and she told me I had probably torn my rotator cuff. I laid off shooting my bow for a month and watched how I used my arm and it is OK now except when I strain it , I feel it coming back. I put my steps in this year, very carefully and used my climbing stand, so I could screw them in with my right arm.I am thinking of going to the strap on ladders for there ease and I can take them out of the woods when I leave. Can anyone point me to some good ones. Thanks, Don

Old 10-07-2002, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tree ladders

Strong Built makes a good set for under $ 50.00. You can find them at a Bass pro shop anywhere.
Old 10-07-2002, 08:33 PM

I just purchased a Rivers Edge (ardisam.com) 15' ladder and think it is the best thing yet to get into a stand.It was on sale for $59.95 (from $79.95),sets up easy,is packable and quiet.It sets up by placing the bottom part on the ground,and strapping the top of that section with a quick snatch strap.The second and third pieces slide into the first and one another,with one strap per.One thing to look for are steps(rungs)that protrude from each side of the main frame.I like that better than alternating steps,especially when entering or exiting the stand.Don't wait any longer,the only regret I have is waiting so long to get one.

Visit me at www.ATVTime.com!
Old 10-07-2002, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

The absolute best you can get for portability, stability and ease of putting them on the tree is the Lone Wolf Climbing sticks. Another you might like is the Quick Steps ( I think that's the name) sold by Cabelas. I'm looking them over myself. Either of these is a whole lot more portable than some ladder that is in four foot sections. The Lone Wolf's are 34". The Quick Steps are 20". Strap them right on your treestand and head for the woods.

Old 10-08-2002, 11:33 PM

Got mine at Walmart for about 35-40.00 It's 16' but heavy and noisy but I'm leaving it in the woods.
Old 10-16-2002, 03:56 PM

I have the Swiftree from Summit, 17', 17 lbs. It's pretty bulky, not exactly a stealthy ladder, but it's nice to just put up and leave like I did. The steps are as safe as any I've seen. I'm thinking of putting together a run and gun treestand/ladder combo for assault hunts next year. Probably a Lone Wolf, API, or Gorilla hang-on coupled with Lone Wolf sticks or the Rapid Rails from Non-Typical Treestands. I want a total package of under 20 pounds, carry in, quickly put up, then take home with me, like on public land and such.

PBB

Pick a hair.....or a caruncle!!
Old 10-16-2002, 06:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Gorilla climbing sticks they come in 3 sections with extra available they ony weigh 3lb each.
I have 3 of them and can get up 16 feet.
Old 10-22-2002, 10:03 AM
Spike

Depends what you want to do with them. I have three sets of the Strongbuilt steel ladders. They were 3 sections (12'). I took a section from the third stand and made two 16' ladders plus I have an extra section if needed. They cost $30 a set at Walmart about two years ago.

I also bought the current brand that Walmart carries (don't know the name)but they come as 16' ladders and are $40 a set. I have two of those. They have fastening straps that make it easy to set up.

I also have Faststeps that you strap on. I have two sets of those. They were about $90 a set.

I use the steel ladders for areas where I want to leave up a stand. They are fast to put up and easy to use.

I use the Faststeps when I need to be portable and have to pack in.

Jack
Old 10-24-2002, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

Try the ASAP climbing stick. comes in 16 and 20 models and is very light weight. I think the web site is w.asapsite.com
Old 10-24-2002, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

try www.asapsite.com

looks pretty interesting!

Quick Reply: Tree ladders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.