Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Range Finders

Old 11-02-2005, 10:58 AM

Default Range Finders

IM looking to get a pair of range finders. I looked at the Nikon Monarch 800, their nice. I checked out cabelas also. Any input on their brand CLR 800? Also, whats the opinion of the Bino style or the one eye style??
Old 11-02-2005, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Range Finders

I bought the Nikon Pro staff 440 Laser rangefinder. Love it!!!
Do you really need a "800"yard range finder??? Geeezzeee, even the 400 yard one is more than enough, and should fit the bill nicely.This one does all I ask of it, and I know I'll never shoot at anything even close to 400 yards away.

Old 11-02-2005, 12:27 PM

Your right. It was the optics and the eye peice that I liked on the 800. Im not in a rush, I'll keep looking.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:53 PM

ORIGINAL: maytom

I bought the Nikon Pro staff 440 Laser rangefinder. Love it!!!
Do you really need a "800"yard range finder??? Geeezzeee, even the 400 yard one is more than enough, and should fit the bill nicely.This one does all I ask of it, and I know I'll never shoot at anything even close to 400 yards away.
Can the Pro staff 440 show the range in meters also??

/Martin
Old 11-04-2005, 02:17 PM

[/quote]

Can the Pro staff 440 show the range in meters also??

/Martin
[/quote]

Most, if not allrangefinders have a "mode" option that will let you switch between yards/meters, and I'm sure this is one of them, Personnaly I like the Monarch 800...Fully waterproof/fogproof for those days in the rainforest. When someone makes a 100/200 yard waterproof/fogproof version I'll buy it...until then I'll settle for the Monarch 800.
PS...you save up to 30 bucks by going to E-Bay.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:17 AM

hey mrbuster I'm right down the road from you in tillson...

what are you going to use it for combo gun/ bow or bow only?

i bought bushnells pro scout i mainly bow hunt so what sold me is they fit great into a pocket, onehanded operation, and read 10 yard and more!! some say the optics on the nikon is better but for me the optics are just fine on my model!!!

for rifle you would want to have accuracy out for long distances so that would be a main factor in choosing a rangefinder good out to 800 yards ( but who shoots that far but a sniper!!!) in our wood your best to see 100 yards never lessshoot that far...

hope this helps!!
Old 11-15-2005, 03:14 PM

I Bowhunt ONLY and the monarch is pocket sized and waterproof/fogproof to boot.
I'd buy a Nikon product before Bushnell anyday...JMO and experience.
If I could buy a 100 yard in the monarch for half the price i'd buy it. Until then I'm
happy with the Monarch. Good hunting.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:20 AM

Hello jamaltwy. Tillson hugh. I grew up on N Ohioville Rd. My wife was rasied on Old Post Rd in Esopus. Good hunting out that way. I want a range finder for bow only. I kind of like to optics on the Nikon as well. But, its not that big a deal. IM going to wait till next year.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought my Nikon Pro 440 last summer to improve on my yardage estimation for 3D. I also took it hunting with me this year as well. It is dead on accurate to distances measured out to 200 yards, and seems to be accurate well beyond that (don't have any premeasured distances past 200). I have also dropped it out of a tree stand 3x this season, including one nearly 30 foot drop, and I also dropped it into 6" of standing water by accident (oops ) and it still works perfect with no fogging inside, or broken parts. I love this little rangefinder, and would highly recommend it to anyone out there looking for one at a good price. I also bought off ebay for around $160 or so.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

I bought the Nikon 440 and love it as well. Yes it does measure in meters as well as yards. I found mine on eBay for around $175 brand new.

Quick Reply: Range Finders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.