Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Summit Viper X5

Old 10-17-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Summit Viper X5

Ok, well i bought a Summit Viper X5. Anyone use one of these stands? If so, how do you like it? Do you regret buying it? Just kind of looking for some goods and bads about the stand. Thanks in advance

deer-hunter18
Old 10-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Summit Viper X5

I use a Viper XLS which I bought in 2003. I love the stand! Once you master setting it up quietly in the dark it is agreat stand. You made a good decision and the stand should perform for you for many years to come.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:34 AM

I bought the Goliath, which is the wider venison of the X5 and I love it. Once you get use to adjusting the cable system for the tree you are placing the stand on, it is quick and rock steady.No creaks,pops, or noise from the stand. Easy for this 48 year old touse to climb just about any tree.The seat is very comfortable for a all day hunt!!!!

Only issues, it's a little heavy and bulky (but I'll take the room it provides when I am in the tree) and the stock carrying straps could be better (buy the better ones from Summit).
Old 10-17-2005, 10:17 PM

I'm going out next weekend and buying me one. I'm getthing the Viper X5. Are they hard to setup once you get to a tree? My first tree stand lol.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love my summits. Great stands, excellent in every way.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:21 AM

Kurt73,

They are very easy to set-up once you pick out atree. Make sure you watch the DVD that comes with the stand a few times. I found that once I practiced adjusting the cable that goes around the tree so you get the proper fit and angle, climbing the tree was a breeze. It is now like second hand, I really don't think about it much.

Just make sure you use the rope that attach's the seat/climber to the stand. You do not want the stand to possibly slide down the tree while sitting (although this has never happened to me). The rope gives peace of mind.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Spike

i bought the bullet because it folds down flat for backpacking
Old 10-19-2005, 06:37 AM

Well the stand should be here today, I am taking this little kid out duck hunting this afternoon so i wont get to use my stand untill tomarrow.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

Bought the x5 last year and the only bad thing about it is it's too darn comfortable. I have fallen asleep a couple of times.... GREAT STAND!
Old 10-20-2005, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Slo-Pitch
I have fallen asleep a couple of times.... GREAT STAND!
LOL!!!

Wow, does that soundlike me in my Summit Viper X4 (last years model). Summit makes, IMHO, the best climbers out there. They are lightweight, rugged, and extremely quiet. Did I mention comfortable? Like Slo-Pitch and myself have noticed.... you will find yourself dozing off in a Summit treestand! They are almostlike a Lazy-boy recliner, 22' up in a tree!

Quick Reply: Summit Viper X5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.