Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

browning compound bows

Old 10-04-2002, 04:37 AM

Default browning compound bows

wondering about info on these bows....

are they made just as good as there firearms?

any personal info from people using these bows i would appreciate. i am looking into getting a bow but so many and so many options.

Old 10-04-2002, 09:04 PM
Spike

Default RE: browning compound bows

I have two Browning bows. The Backdraft and Mirage SX. I really like both of the bows. I have in the past owned a Hoyt and Golden Eagle. To me, thier is no comparison. The Brownings are better built and much quieter. I have never had any trouble from either bow. For the money, you can't go wrong. If you are into speed, you can do much better. If you are into a solid built bow and have a limited budget, Browning ( now made by PSE) is the way to go.
Old 10-05-2002, 07:32 PM

i have two browning xcellerators ,and love them. the newest is 12 years old and still get a deer every year.(not yet for this year)
Old 10-06-2002, 07:27 AM

Hey Quilly,

After reading your posts, I believe you and I are both Browning rifle fans. I think you and I have posted many positive remarks about the Browning Abolt Medallion. What I have noticed about bow equipment is the parody. There is a lot of good equipment out there. When I first started archery (again), I looked to Browning because of my positive experiences with Browning products and customer service. However, I made the decision to buy from a local pro-shop, and I haven't found any that carry Browning bows. A high quality bow doesn't mean anything if it doesn't fit you. There are many, many bow companies out there producing very good product. Archers are very passionate about their bows. I really don't think there is a wrong decision...shoot some bows and buy the one that you like the best.

Old 10-06-2002, 03:06 PM

I HAVE A BROWNING MIDAS XE GREAT BOW ABOUT 12 YEARS OLD AND STILL SHOOTS GREAT.HOW ABOUT A EXPLORER II 4 WHEEL SYSTEM BOW HAS TO BE 20 YEARS OLD LIKE MINT CONDITION.
Old 10-06-2002, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot Browning for several years and every Browning bow i've owned was a good one. I just handed down my Browning Eclipse SL to my son and he handed down his Micro Midas to my daughter. I've shot and owned about every brand out there and I don't think theres that much difference in todays bows except design, cosmetic looks, and price. They all perform well and will kill if properly tuned. The key to buying a new bow is to go to a pro shop that will let you shoot different ones and find one that feels good in your hands and that you can shoot comfortably and with confidence. Don't get caught up in todays speed game and with the ideal that my bow is better than your bow because of the name on the limbs. Good Luck!
Old 10-07-2002, 11:38 AM

Quilly:

I have been told (and since read here) that the newer Browning Bows are made by PSE. If you take a look at both, they sure look similar. If that is the case, I suspect that you could get the same bow with a PSE sticker for $50-$100 less than the one with a Browning logo. Also, if this is in fact true, assuming the same level of quality and performance for a Browning bow as the Medallion or Eclipse hunter, etc. is unwarranted. Take a look before you buy.