Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
New Gold Tip Camo problems >

New Gold Tip Camo problems

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New Gold Tip Camo problems

Old 09-28-2002, 10:07 PM

Default New Gold Tip Camo problems

Has anybody else been dissapointed with the new camo Gold tips (5575 Hunter XT's).
First I only got about 6 out of a dozen that were truly straight. (That could have been caused by the shop that put the inserts in but I haven't had trouble in the past).
Second, it seems that if you even graze a knock the camo layer splits and frays. I'm still using some of my old ones that are three years old and they never seemed to have that problem. The reason I fell in love with the gold tips is because they were so durable. I'm going to look around and see if I can find some of the older ones.
Old 09-29-2002, 07:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: New Gold Tip Camo problems

Many of the new "camo" carbons have had problems with the camo coming off. I personally wouldn't spend the difference in purchasing the camo version. I've never had a deer spook because of black arrows, plus the camo ones are very difficult to find after the shot. I truly believe you should be able to see your arrow in flight, and after the shot if you acquire a pass thru. This tells a vital piece of the puzzle on what to do after the shot.

Also, the camo seems to make the arrow stick in targets such as McKenzie 3D targets. Many times this is where the camo wears off.

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
Old 09-30-2002, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree. I can see no reason why camo arrows are a necessity, but several reasons why not to use them.

Old 10-11-2002, 06:33 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-13-2002, 11:07 PM

Jim,
I purchased a half dozen of them back in August. Quickly gave up and moved to the Easton Carbonaeros. The archery shop here will not even carry gold tips because he has personally had too many of them come back. I do like their nocking system. Despite their claims your experience is actually better than several that I know of. 50% of them straight is high compared to say the Easton Carbonaeros(which is what I went to) or others on the market.

Secondly, I DEFINITELY agree with Rob regarding the camo on arrows, particularly the nice matte finish on the carbons. WHY DO YOU NEED CAMO ARROWS??? I don't think the deer looks and says, &quot;man I can't believe thats a plain grey arrow coming at me!&quot; Also, what colors are your nocks and veins? Camo? Can you find them?

Concealment is a great thing but some but camoflogue is for things that would be noticeable otherwise.

Sorry if this one got long but phew!! Good luck with the season and whatever arrows you choose. Suggest you find a different shaft.

Hey, size may not matter but it sure IS nice!