Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Muzzy vs Wasp

Old 08-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Muzzy vs Wasp

Which do you prefer and why.

Myself I prefer wasp', Imust have heard something bad about muzzy's years ago and it stuck to the back of my mind. So I started with Satellites and then went on to hammers. Now I'm going to try the jackhammers. Of course got to give the slick triks a chance.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:45 PM

Default RE: Muzzy vs Wasp

I've killed deer with my muzzy 4 blade and it shoots like a field tip from my bow. Most of all I have confidence in it's flight and on impact. Thats all you really need...stick with what works
Old 08-26-2005, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

I love my jackhammer sst's. They punch a HUGE hole. And then the deer leaks really well.
Brian
Old 08-26-2005, 01:02 PM

i will be hunting with muzzy 3blade 100gr heard nothing but good things about them.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lx lungbuster

i will be hunting with muzzy 3blade 100gr heard nothing but good things about them.
All I have used to this point and have many, many deer in the freezer that did not go 20 yards. Thats the truth.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:53 PM

never tryed the muzzy;s but have used the wasp heads for years.shot the sst hammers,and shot the jak-hammer yea they fly as good as a field point but they did not perform as good as i like and i had several friends shooting them with the same results. as far as broadside shots they make big holes. on quarting away shots that was a different story. on two deer i shot they pealed down the side of the deer till they finally caught a rib and only pentrated half the arrow. it did kill the deer but the arrow was still in the deer with the guts draged out of it . hard to belive at 76 lbs @ 10 yards shot. my friends had the same encounter and lost a couple deer. switched to the new sst boss last year flyes as good as afield point and it goes right throught those bad shots that you sometimes have to take.