Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

HOW TO CALL BIG BUCKS

Old 09-26-2002, 04:49 PM

Default HOW TO CALL BIG BUCKS

HOW DO U CALL THOSE BIG BUCKS IN TO BOW RANGE. IV'E TRIED EVRY THING PLEASE HELP
Old 09-26-2002, 09:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: HOW TO CALL BIG BUCKS

Big Hunter, first off, this thread should be in the BOWHUNTING forum and hopefully our kind mods in this GEAR REVIEW forum will kindly more it....

What has worked for me in the past and helped me harvest all but 1 of my bowkill bucks is this. I rely on a buck grunt 95% of the time. I usually always wait until have visual/see a buck and I give him a soft grunt. Most times than not they'll stop and throw their head and ears in my direction and at this point I give a second soft grunt. At times, this is all it takes and the buck walks straight into bow range.

Other times, they may only give me a ear twitch or tail flicker and at that time I'll give another soft grunt. IF I get no response, I'll try again, then perhaps a little louder and more aggressive or I'll give an estrous doe bleat. You'll learn with experience on what to do. Not all bucks are going to come in buck all bucks will give you some kind of response. Like I mentioned above, it might be as subtle as an ear turned your way for a second but that's indication he's heard you and you have to up the odds. Experiment with a call to get pitch and volumes at home so your practiced when going afield.

A couple calls I use and rely on are the River Valley Buck Grunt at www.rivervalleygamecalls.com and the HS True Talker. Another excellent call that has worked for me is the Woods Wise 6 N 1 call, but it's hard to find.

I've never seen a negative response to a buck grunt. Either you have a great success or just an ear flicker but either way, it's a positive response, he hears you, now you have to say the right thing.

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
Old 09-28-2002, 07:02 PM

Default RE: HOW TO CALL BIG BUCKS

I never bother calling i just sit and wait. My best ways to get a buck like i did 2 times so far i just stand and sit still in my tree stand and be quiet and thats all i do

SO good luck and good hunting and make sure u tell us when u get that big one.

Pete