Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Spot Hogg

Old 09-25-2002, 12:41 AM

Default Spot Hogg

Has anyone had any experience with these sights. They seem to be of excelent quality. I am interested in the use of the alignment ring. I center my peep to each individual pin, according to their website you instead align your peep the the white ring and use the appropriate pin for the yardage. Any thoughts or experiences would be great as I am very interested in these sights. Thanks Ccstop
Old 09-25-2002, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spot Hogg

I have a bare bones on my q2 and love it . Its very sturdy does not move and has bright sturdy pins . The pin adjustment takes some getting used to but once its snuged down its not moveing , as far as the alignmemt thing make sure you get the right sized peep the one I have is slightly over 1/8" and its just too small to align in the maner of which you speak .

If information provided by the members of this board have helped you please let us know .
Old 09-25-2002, 11:18 AM

they are good sights and I looked at them but went with a toxonic hybrid v instead. I reall like the quality of the toxonics and they make a very solid product. www.toxonics.com
Old 09-26-2002, 02:37 PM

Another option would be the Copper John Dead Nuts. They are very solid and they also have an alignment ring on the face of the pin guard.

PBB

Pick a hair.....or a caruncle!!
Old 09-26-2002, 02:56 PM

cstop,
I have the Spot Hogg hunter and copper john sight and prefer the spot hogg. I would suggest going with the small aperture right vs the large one. With the small aperture ring you can us a pro hunter peep in 3/16's (you'll probably have to drill out an 1/8" one) and you will be good to go. Fits right around the white ring.