Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Speargun I made

Old 09-09-2015, 09:14 AM
Spike

Default Speargun I made

I made this great speargun with adjustable power and a front stringer only to find out that "mechanically propelled" spears are illegal in PA guess I'll be holding on to this until I move out of state.
Attached Thumbnails Speargun I made-img_20150809_133716_111.jpg  
Old 09-09-2015, 04:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Could have saved yourself the trouble if you had checked first instead of after you made it.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:39 AM
Spike

Ehh it doesn't matter, I still enjoyed making it. Plus I can use it if I travel to other states and get an out-of-state license.

Last edited by jstout; 09-11-2015 at 04:41 AM.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

You gotta post some more pics of that thing. I can't figure it out in the least, and in all honesty does not look real safe to be spearing underwater with. I spear every year and have preferred over the last few years to use a Hawaiian sling or pole spear but to each their own. Just don't want to hear of another diver getting injured or killed due to a bad homemade speargun.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:23 PM
Spike

Thanks for the concern olsaltydog, it actually operates the same as a Hawaiian sling. In this pic I did have a carry strap hanging on it which makes it look more confusing. It uses PVC piping as the launch tube and rubber bungie as the propellant mechanism. I've used this concept out west before and worked great. I'll post some more photos when I get a chance for you. Either way it'll be staying in the closet for a while since it's no good here!