Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

pse kingfisher?

Old 07-06-2007, 07:56 PM

Default pse kingfisher?

hey, i'm new to bowfishing and i was just wondering about the pse kingfisher. can youput in aspincast reelon that? what about the ams retriever reel? and what about the rest (i'm thinkin of getting somekind of roller rest)? or is the pse kingfisher only limited to whatever comes in the kit?

thanks alot
Old 07-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pse kingfisher?

Welcome to the forums Ogrich31.

The Kingfisher is sold both as a bare bow and also as a kit with a basic bowfishing setup. It is drilled and tapped for any accessory you might like to use, but only comes in a right handed model.
http://www.pse-archery.com/prod.php?k=60393&sk=60393&u=kfish

The AMS Retreiver reel mounts to the sights holes, and a spincast reel would mount to a reel seat that screws into the stabilizer hole.

The PSE Coyote is also nice, but more $$, and is available in both right and left hand models.
http://www.pse-archery.com/prod.php?k=60393&sk=60393&u=999
Old 07-06-2007, 09:02 PM

thanks for the welcome, Bulzeye.

and also thanks for the info... just one question to make it more clear, so does this mean that if i get a kingfisher, i would be able to mount a reel seat, and a different rollerrest to it?

thanks again for info, greatly appreciated and hope to be a long member
Old 07-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Fork Horn

yes you can mount a reel seat and a roller reston it. i had one for a while but sold it to my buddy to buy a new compound for deer hunting, BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!! i should have kept it for bowfishing, it is a nice bow, but if you are going to spend the money then buy the PSE Coyote. tat way the Kingfisher by the way.

William

Old 07-07-2007, 01:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome ogrich31,

I'll put a plug in for martin bows. If you have a fairly short draw length the Martin Rebel is a great bow. I found a Martin Mamba this spring. It is a sweet shooter. I also have a Martin Hunter (which I love).
Every Martin bow I've owned is a sweet shooter. The only Martin recurve I know of that does not have a stabilizer insert is the X-200. It is another fine bow for the money.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

welcome to bowfishing . you are going to have a blast
Old 07-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Spike

Welcome!

I have the Kingfisher and Coyote. The kingfisher is cheaper and is a good bow, but does weigh quite a bit more than the coyote and does have a small grip that tends to rub you raw on top of your hand after you get wet. I would spend the extra money and get a coyote. If those are what you have to choose from. I have shot the Coyote for quite a while and now it is my back up bow, to my Oneida Osprey. But just get what you feel works for you, just remember you get what you pay for and buying better equipment first saves you trouble in the long run and the bowfishing trip will be more enjoyable.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ogrich,
If you like the recurves, just get one that fits your hand and is lightweight. You'll tend to hold your bow all day instead of putting it down or resting it like most of us will do when hunting game on land. Any bow gets heavy after a couple hours, but the big clunkers will make you want to throw them in the water.

Anything with 40 to 50 pounds of draw will work forbowfishing.